An Old Argument.... does it hold water?

by AK - Jeff 1495 Replies latest jw experiences

• N.drew
    N.drew

No, not childish, even though it's suppose to be. Funny! It's funny! Thankyou for resurrecting the thread sizemik, I was getting worried about it. We're not smug. (((((((sizemik)))))))

• tec
    tec

and can smugly watch others in their fruitless search

Who's smug, and are you sure you're not just reading that into someone?

Peace,

Tammy

• N.drew
    N.drew

Reading is good. He may read that into someone or other as long as he doesn't make it into an idol. To them smug is what they see. It's like looking into a mirror. But look at it this way Tammy, he has an opinion, which is more than most people have.

• tec
    tec

Oh, Size is a good guy (and peaceable), and I respect him. I just think he is reading something that is not there. Happens to us all, myself included.

Peace,

Tammy

• sizemik
    sizemik
    I just think he is reading something that is not there. . . . tec

Your condescending smugness doesn't bother me . . . so now I'm seeing things am I? . . . the fact is that my LORD actually told me, so if you don't agree, take it up with him in prayer (and I IMPLORE you to do that . . . SEEK and ye shall FIND).

To them smug is what they see. It's like looking into a mirror. . . . N.drew

That's true . . . I believe Hitler had the same problem.

• tec
    tec

I'm not sure if you're teasing or not. So I think I'm just going to go watch a movie or something that is not here.

Peace,

Tammy

• sizemik
    sizemik

LOL Tammy . . . you're on to me!

A certain level of smugness comes with absolute belief though Tammy . . . being the possesser of something. It is easily observable among most religions, especially fundamentalists, as it is with learned scholars. Being able to say "I don't know" is the only stance where a complete absence of smugness is possible. Maybe it's not a case of me seeing mirages . . . but being more aware of it's existence?

• tec
    tec

Being able to say "I don't know" is the only stance where a complete absence of smugness is possible

You think?

Cuz I'm pretty sure I've read some agnostics (or I don't know people), who end their I don't know with a "and neither do you, and if you think otherwise, you're fooling yourself. Admitting you don't know is the ONLY honest statement anyone can make."

:)

Peace,

Tammy

• N.drew
    N.drew

I know something.

• LV101
    LV101

AGuest --- omigoodness i read something wrong and it wasn't addressed to me/sorry --- but love to you anyway. Have to read these posts re/Jesus' proper name re/prayer.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit