Halloween

by MrFreeze 40 Replies latest jw friends

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

So, do any of you ex-JW's partake in any Halloween celebrations? Do you give candy to the trick-or-treaters? Do you dress up and go to parties?

Since this is my first Halloween as an ex-JW I decide to accept a few invitations to Halloween parties. My first idea for a costume was to dress up like a lego man. I saw somebody put a "how-to" guide on making your own lego man costume. In the end, it was a little too much work on such short notice. Maybe next year?

Pretty neat. I opted instead to go as Rick Grimes from The Walking Dead:

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

This is my first Halloween! I am excited. Will be out of town w/my BF on Halloween, we will both dress up and go out. I'm planning to be batgirl!

• BroMac
    BroMac

love the legoman. I will have to look that up. great idea for any 'fancydress' party.

• Voices
    Voices

My girlfriend and I are trying to invite people for a little halloween party, but I can't afford a huge party. I threatened to dress up as a jehovahs witness. (still have my suits somewhere) I guess that's better than dressing up as Adam (last year threat)

Me

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Nice Lego man costume! Doesn't look real comfortable, though.

Reminds me of a robot costume my dad made for me once ( he was a worldly "unbeleiver"). Wasnt really practical for our area though since it was all rural and required taking it of every time i gOt back in the station wagon.

• Bella15
    Bella15

Do you give candy to the trick-or-treaters? Do you dress up and go to parties?

YES - YES - YES

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

Anybody gonna celebrate Jesusween? It's an official Church sanctioned Halloween event that was created. I heard about it on the news.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Having an EXJW Halloween party this year.

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

yes.
    having a Halloween party for my kids next weekend, went to the Detroit Zoo Boo Friday night, going trick or treating with friends.

• lilbluekitty
    lilbluekitty

My second Halloween technically since I did go to one before while I wasn't going to meetings a couple years ago, but this is the first time I'm not really afraid to go lest someone see me (even though I'm not DF'd so I should be scared lol.) Love the Rick Grimes idea, love the Walking Dead!! Lego Man is awesome too though. I think I will go to the party I'm going to as a black cat though LOL.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit