Thoughts on the current Governing Body

by JRK 66 Replies latest jw friends

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I have to wonder if the whole thing will collapse because of these guys. (I hope so!)

"Overlap Generation" is about as stupid as you can get. They would have been better off with pushing for 2034- 120 years of the last days just like with Noah's days. This would have gotten them past 2014 and the youngest of these current GB members would be 79 by then. That would mean that most would be dead and any remaining ones could rest on their senility if called to the carpet when the end doesn't arrive.

2034 would resonate with their other predictions, at least in a crazy sort of way that the 1914 generation could be on it's last breath and the 1976 excuse about how they didn't know when Eve was created, but the end must come within 6000 years of that, would barely still seem to hold true. Any doubters would be told that it was a matter of faith.

It's still early on, but I expect abandoning of the overlap, or a splinter away from the silly doctrine. The splinter could be accompanied by accountants and lawyers and important WTS people running off with hidden assets. I think the only thing preventing it is that the important people are making all the decisions and don't see a need to break away while the money is still coming in.

• sir82
    sir82

Dumb and paranoid - based on what I've seen & heard of them, that's a pretty good summary.

Just had an "all employee" meeting a few minutes ago, and the "big boss" said something that struck me:

"There is no innovation without dissent."

That right there pretty much sums up the JW malaise.

With dissenters immediately silenced by disfellowshipping, and the leadership chosen solely by how well they obey instructions, is it any wonder the JW religion looks virtually unchanged frm the 1940's (down the $#@!#$ dress code)?

• Quendi
    Quendi

I would like to know the education level of the sitting members of the Governing Body. While I doubt any of them have college degrees, it comes to my mind that they rely very much on men who do for guidance. That is certainly true for legal and medical issues, and may even be so for religious ones. If most of them are only high school graduates, then they must feel bewildered when it comes to handling issues pertaining to the twenty-first century.

To me, the most reprehensible member of this clique, now that Ted Jaraccz is dead, is Gerrit Lösch. The attack he launched against higher education at a European district convention revealed a pathological hatred of colleges and universities. He all but said that those who sought such learning were mentally ill and certainly weren't relying on Jehovah. I don't know what made me angrier, Lösch's hate-filled remarks or the wild enthusiasm and applause his audience showed and gave when he made them.

Quendi

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Good Morning JRK..

Your right..

The WBT$ GB was designed to Stay Stupid..

There are fail safes in place to make sure that happens..

Intelligent Thought doesn`t have a snowball`s chance in hell,of surviving in that atmosphere..

We can expect alot more Koas in the WBT$..

It`s not going to end anytime soon..

........................ ...OUTLAW

• sabastious
    sabastious
    With dissenters immediately silenced by disfellowshipping, and the leadership chosen solely by how well they obey instructions, is it any wonder the JW religion looks virtually unchanged frm the 1940's (down the $#@!#$ dress code)?

• Think About It
    Think About It

The attack he (Losch) launched against higher education at a European district convention revealed a pathological hatred of colleges and universities. He all but said that those who sought such learning were mentally ill and certainly weren't relying on Jehovah. I don't know what made me angrier, Lösch's hate-filled remarks or the wild enthusiasm and applause his audience showed and gave when he made them.

The one difference I like between the Morman's and the JW's is that at least the Morman leadership had enough sense to see that higher education was good for their people. Now they have a prominent national university (BYU) to show for it. The main problem is that the JW leadership actually believes the bullshit they make up and feed to the R&F.

Think About It

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

The one difference I like between the Morman's and the JW's is that at least the Morman leadership had enough sense to see that higher education was good for their people. Now they have a prominent national university (BYU) to show for it.

Yeah, but the JWs have decades of reading WT & Aw! magazines which more than equals a 4-years college degree.

DOC

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

Amazing how they condemn getting an education, but circuit overseers I have met kiss up to those who are educated, such as doctors who are in the org. The WTS continues to say it is easier for a non-educated witness to get a good job than a person with a degree.

• bats in the belfry
  • bats in the belfry
    bats in the belfry

Here are the faces of the current governing body members:

Born 1942, appointed July 1, 1994

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit