Thoughts on the current Governing Body

by JRK 66 Replies latest jw friends

• Joliette
    Joliette

The sad thing is that GB 1.0 are the GB members who created most of the doctrines and policies (along with past watchtower presidents). Its sad, because these guys are conuntining on with old policies. Its really sad that millions upon millions have been affected by their policies. Even though this current GB members might not have created the policies, they are still gulity for countining with them.

Hopefully someone will have a crisis of conscience.

• james_woods
    james_woods
    The sad thing is that GB 1.0 are the GB members who created most of the doctrines and policies (along with past watchtower presidents). Its sad, because these guys are conuntining on with old policies. Its really sad that millions upon millions have been affected by their policies. Even though this current GB members might not have created the policies, they are still gulity for countining with them.

I could be wrong, of course, but I seriously doubt that any of these current GB guys originally came up with the idea of the overlapping generations - more likely they just signed off on it after some lowly guy in the writing department thought up the idea in the first place.

• Joliette
    Joliette

James Woods, your probably right.

• sir82
    sir82
    some lowly guy in the writing department thought up the idea

If true, I imagine this conversation taking place next January or February:

Brother GB: "Well, Brother Lowly Guy, you certainly saved our skin with that overlapping generation idea! You bought us another 20-30 years, ensuring that we will live out our days in the style & comfort we are accustomed to! You know, there's only 7 of us now, and we have room on the GB for at least one more. Ya know, if you were to suddenly become anointed, we might even think of adding you! Pity you aren't partaking of the emblems...Say, by the way, don't forget the Memorial is in a few months!....Pity that you're not partaking of the emblems, isn't it...."

Brother Lowly: "Umm, OK...say Brother GB, do you have something in your eye, you keep....oh....ummm....right, what a pity I'm not partaking..."

• stuckinamovement
    stuckinamovement

Is it just me, but do some of these clowns have lazy eyes? Loesch, and Morris for sure.

• flipper
    flipper

JRK- Excellent thread ! One of your best - in my opinion. What's really strange and dangerous is that it's bad enough that these 7 remaining GB members are stupid . But what's even MORE dangerous is when stupid people like them don't REALIZE that they are stupid - it makes them that much more dangerous like a loaded gun with power over 7 million people.

I appreciated you posting the borthdates of these clowns. Just think about it - the oldest one of them was born in 1935- wasn't that the date that for years the WT society said was the end of the " sealing of the anointed " - 1935 ? Well- if THAT'S the case , none of these 7 GB members ever existed or were actually born. They HAVE to be ONLY of the " great crowd " allegedly - they are arrogantly insisting they'll rule in heaven with crown jewels enblazened into their anus by sitting on the fiery right hand of God and or Jesus ( take your pick ).

That being said- in all seriousness - these guys are REALLY dangerous - because they were all " wannabe anointed " right from the get-go. They had ambitions - and have reached them ( if only in their own egotistical minds ) . So now that Teddy, Fred, Barr, & Barry are long gone - these guys want to blaze a NEW power trail for themselves. And as Steve Hassan says when cults start losing members - the leaders get more desperate and start clamping down stricter control measures on the JW members. To me - it's a sign of insecurity in the upper echelon of the WT society legal department AND GB - that they REALLY know the jig is up and they cannot control these JW's forever. They are in panic mode clamping down. Just my 2 cents . Peace out my bro ! Take care, your buddy Flipper

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

Give a moron a bath, a shave, a good haircut, and put him in a nice suit and he would look just like someone with a good education with mucho intelligence.

He could pass as a great business leader without saying a word. All he needs is a good PR agent to say how wonderful he has performed and how good he is.

This is exactly what the GB guys look like. No education. Most likely never held a real job where they had to worry about paying bills and feeding a family by stretching every dollar between paychecks. No real knowledge about anything except a lifetime of reading the WT and AWAKE.

And they have the balls to tell their faithful followers not to pursue education or better themselves in anything of this world.

It's totally sickening and now I'm pissed just by thinking that I was led to the slaughter for 30 plus years.

Oh well.....I'm doing just fine now in my life!

HappyDad

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

Makes me feel old when sone of the GB is around my age. So what happened to their porphecy that the generation that seen 1914 would not pass away? Growing up we were told that generation would still be alive and in charge after armageddon. That was written in Freddie's books.

• treadnh2o
    treadnh2o

i posted this many months ago, but I have heard from a fairly reliable source that there will be at least 2 appointments in the near future (whatever that means with JW time). One will be a brother from a Latin/South American country and the other from the Northeast U.S. This source made it sound like they were allowing time for one of these brothers to ""mature" as he has only recently been anointed.

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

Perhaps they cannot appoint new members because the FDS don't exist, thus, no one to promote from?

anyway, i hope they are peeing their collective pants over Australia!

They are not leaders and i'll bet they know it. They could be turned into lion food with a quick flip flop from the legal team and writing dept.

No Governing Body? No legal accountability anymore...anything troublesome would now belong to dumped old men.

Oz

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit