IT'S HALLOWE'EN ,,, what's your best scary movie ....EVER???? and WHY?

by talesin 86 Replies latest jw friends

• talesin
    talesin

I have a 3-way tie,,,

Nightmare on Elm Street series - especially in NOES2, when the gurl is running from Freddie in the basement, and her feet are in goo,,, and just when he's about to catch her,,, she gets traction --- that's REAL nightmare action!

Rosemary's Baby - no special effects,,, just the creepiest freakin' neighbours in the world ... CHILLING!

The Hitcher (original) - Rutger Hauer's performance in this flick will MESS WITH YOUR MIND! You will never take a road trip again, without thinking about this movie.

tal

• N.drew
    N.drew

The Body Snatchers because they get you in your sleep.

• Botzwana
    Botzwana

The first four Friday the 13th movies...

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

The Woman in Black

Whistle and I'll Come to You

And

A Warning to the Curious

I like English horror flicks

• shamus100
    shamus100

The Shining.

• talesin
    talesin

N.Drew -- that is one freaky movie, esp. the ending!

Botzwana -- confession time, I haven't seen any of the Jason movies.

mrsjones -- clearly, I have catching up to do on the Brit scene,,, noted recommendations. :)

Shamus --- REDRUM REDRUM REDRUM book & movie both great ,,, I agree! What was Steve thinking when he dissed Kubrick's interpretation?

t

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Hi, Talesin!

My current fave is a Spanish subtitled lovely entitled "The Devil's Backbone" by Guillermo del Toro. It is without a doubt the most beautifully done ghost story I have ever seen.

The stunning thing about this film is that it would be completely engaging without the supernatural element, but oh, how important it is!

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm2040634624/tt0256009

A truly beautiful and incredibly creepy film.

• I quit!
    I quit!

The 1922 version of Nosferatu is brilliant.

The 1979 TV version of Salems Lot

Just about anything else by Stephen KIng: Pet Sematary, Silver Bullet, The Shinning etc.

Near Dark

The Company of Wolves

Fright Night

I could go on. I love a good horror movie.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

I quit, I agree! The original Nosferatu is ageless, and will always be horrificly creepy, no matter how much "progress" is made in the film industry.

• talesin
    talesin

Baba, I have added it to my list. Noted, same director as Hellboy, which I loved!

I quit! -- loving vampire movies, and Nosferatu is 'the' classic ... there's another one called "Vampyr", fairly recent, that is supposed to be really good... I, too love the TV movie of Pet Sematary ... and Silver Bullet RIP Cory Hames

t

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit