IT'S HALLOWE'EN ,,, what's your best scary movie ....EVER???? and WHY?

by talesin 86 Replies latest jw friends

• NomadSoul
    NomadSoul

Jeepers Creepers

Another one that was really scary was about this old truck that kept following people and plowing into them. Sorry, can't remember the title.

Jeepers Creepers is pretty good. The other movie you're talking about is Joy Ride. Pretty good too!

EDIT; It's not Joy Ride, but still pretty good movie to watch.

• blondie
    blondie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=se20_Tpvsb8&noredirect=1

1956 Invasion of the Body Snatchers

(The monsters look like you...sort of like being at the KH)

• No Room For George
    No Room For George

Alien, the first one had me shook for a couple weeks as a child. Those teeth, and the slime, and its head and long fingers, its height!! OMG that was creepy. The original version that Geiger created had a penis too and there were rumors that it was supposed to have raped the last victim. Can you imagine if the penis version made it to the big screen?

The Howling messed me up too. Especially the scene where it bit the woman's neck in the cabin. To me that was the last great werewolf movie. Nowadays vampires and werewolves remind me of Hip Hop and Rock. Both used to scare people, now they're both soft and corny.

The first few Friday 13ths, the first two Halloweens, and the first two Nightmare on Elm Streets were all scary. I liked the first Pumpkinhead too. While not necessarily a horror movie, there were a couple scenes in Signs that I thought were erie.

• jws
    jws

I love so many horror movies and could name dozens of favorites. But very few of them are scary or creep me out. Sure, plenty of them have those quick, jump-out-at-you thrills, but very few of them stay with you by the time you're curling up in your bed that night in the dark.

For some reason, I still have a hang-up about ghost movies from my JW days. So they freak me out and I don't watch many of them, except the over-produced, way too fantastical ones. The more realistic, the more I shy away. Even the commericals for the Paranormal Activity movies freak me out, so I won't be seeing any of them.

Nightmare on Elm Street freaked me out when I first saw it. Especially when Freddy is walking down an alley with those long arms.

I know the series has gone corny, but the original Chucky in Child's Play really scared me. That pitter-patter of little feet. Shiver!

The first Scream also seemed pretty scary, especially when you first saw the hooded ghost face figure run across the screen in the background. After that, not so much, but it was a different take on your average serial-killer flick.

The original Romero Dawn of the Dead was my first zombie movie and that stayed with me a long time. Especially when the motorcycle guy was being ripped apart (was that Tom Savini maybe?). The setting was a mall and I saw it at a late-night showing at a mall theater. Came out at about 2am with an eye out for zombies.

Somebody mentioned Jeepers Creepers. That movie was brilliant. The creepy van, the finding something you weren't supposed to and knowing you're involved now.

I found the first Hostel movie disturbing. You're travelling, you're vulnerable. It's just plausible enough.

Martyrs didn't scare me, but I was very disturbed by this film. A cult captures some girls and one has her skin removed while being kept alive. Supposedly this will let her see God. I still shudder. I suppose I would at any movie that involved graphic torture. First time I ever felt sickened by a horror flick.

Had a friend that I saw the night he saw Blair Witch Project. I think he saw the promotional trailers and believed them. He was afraid of every shadow and bush. I saw it and it didn't seem scary in the least. More annoyed at wasting time on it than anything. And I absolutely hate it for introducing the whole shaky-cam effect into cinema.

• talesin
    talesin

QE - Obviously, I'm gonna have to check out this series!

cantleave -- that looks good, another for the list :))

Nomad -- I think someone identified it on page 1 of the thread! It's a Steven King film.

blondie -- oh , poop,, I'll have to watch it on youtube, it's disabled for embedding,,, dirty rats! Yes, that movie was scary when I first saw it especially, and one of Donald Sutherland's best!

NRFG -- scariest part of the first one was when the baby alien popped out of Bill Hurt's chest! It was a shocker at the cinema! Never heard about the penis thing. ROFL!

I totally agree with you about The Howling, and forgot about it, to be honest. One of the first movies to use morphing, and well done! The 'definitive' movie on lycanthropy, imo.

jws - oh yah, you know your stuff. You reminded me of "Room 1408" with John Cusack --- superior horror flick, and soooo creepy,,, so well-done with one actor.

HALLOWE'EN --- I used to be a werewolf, but I'm all right NOW-OOOOOO!!!! :)

Speaking of that, how about American Werewolf in London ... and Paris? Great campy flicks!

tal

• blondie
    blondie

talesin, that is the 1956 version with Kevin Mccarthy.

I can't tell is the same troublesome youtube?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRVfGMjdGh8&feature=related

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

The Hills Have Eyes - Mutant movie

• talesin
    talesin

blondie -- the second one plays here,,, I went to youtube and watched the first .... ah ha! I didn't know about the first version, and will check it out... bonne merci!

fsp -- oooo, I checked that out on youtube --- MUST SEE! tx, sweetie!

tal

*** have you checked the children? **

muah hahahahaha!

• AGuest
    AGuest

One more: "The Thing". Saw the original twice {{{{{{{{{{shudder}}}}}}}}}}. Can't see the new one (but hubby is bugging me to!).

Peace!

SA, on her own

• charlie brown jr.
    charlie brown jr.
    The 1979 TV version of Salems Lot

Greatest line about about a Priest ever....When the Preist sees the Beast and is holding a Cross and he grabs it from him and nothing happens....

"You have to have Faith, Father"

The Shining Yep Shamus loved it.

I liked Blair Witch... I liked The Ring! Oh don't answer the phone after watching the Vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqsVbiI7Mrc

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit