2 year old in China run over-people just walk by

by PaintedToeNail 86 Replies latest jw friends

• botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety

No, just TL;DR.

• NomadSoul
    NomadSoul

Would you say that we are all guilty of this as a whole? As humanity? We all know that children die all over the world. And if enough people actually said hey, we need to help, then there would be a lot of children saved.

We choose to ignore this fact just because we are not there and it doesn't affect us.

But as a world community we just sit here and do nothing. Is it similar or not?

Just a thought.

• diamondiiz
    diamondiiz

Has nothing to do with athiesm. It may have more to do with people and culture however cruel it may be. A billion people under a communist regime where people don't count for much may cause that sort of mentality.

How many so called god believers did horrible crimes during war? When there is an opportunity to do so, there are people that will do it. If the attitude is such that another human being isn't worth a lot, who will care? In this instance it many be cultural. After all, how many of those countries have young girls sold to brothels or as slaves because parents can't afford to keep them. We, in the west have a good life and this videois shocking to us, but is it possible that these things happen more often than we think in third world and developing nations except they aren't caught on video or if they are they're not released to the public?

We are living in one of the most peaceful, most developed nations on the planet using and abusing the most resoures of any generation during human history. Our culture is totally ignorant of many other cultures and the value of human life in those areas.

• charlie brown jr.
    charlie brown jr.

Sad to say............

How many of us know of JW Parents who sat and watched their Child die because of No Blood!

• nugget
    nugget

A recent study went to find the 38 bystanders who were supposed to have done nothing. They showed that action was taken and that some of the people who were supposed to be present were not. The idea that people ignored the woman's plight is not as cut and dried as everyone believed. The Kitty Genovese case is much quoted but the original premise is flawed. I will look up the study since it is incredibly recent and most psychology and law books do not yet contain the latest data.

• nugget
    nugget

Here is the reference to the research which you may wish to look at published in 2007 Not psychobable but something I have actually looked into for a recent examination.

Title The Kitty Genovese Murder and the Social Psychology of Helping: The Parable of the 38 Witnesses.

Authors: Manning, Rachel1 rachel.Levine, Mark1 Collins, Alan1 Source: American Psychologist; Sep2007, Vol. 62 Issue 6, p555-562, 8p, 3

Abstract: This article argues that an iconic event in the history of helping research—the story of the 38 witnesses who remained inactive during the murder of Kitty Genovese—is not supported by the available evidence. Using archive material, the authors show that there is no evidence for the presence of 38 witnesses, or that witnesses observed the murder, or that witnesses remained inactive. Drawing a distinction between the robust bystander research tradition and the story of the 38 witnesses, the authors explore the consequences of the story for the discipline of psychology. They argue that the story itself plays a key role in psychology textbooks. They also suggest that the story marks a new way of conceptualizing the dangers of immersion in social groups. Finally, they suggest that the story itself has become a modern parable, the telling of which has served to limit the scope of inquiry into emergency helping.

I would invite you to read the research for yourself as it does give new insight into something taken for granted. Just because a book says something it isn't necessarily true, it reflects current belief at the time when it was printed nothing more.

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

This is so sad. I'm wondering how this was found on video,although,I can't watch it. Was it a security camera,I'm hoping that is the case,because it would be so cold hearted to record this without helping the little girl. Poor baby.

• Philadelphia Ponos
    Philadelphia Ponos

I don't know what's worse, the video that shows people casually walking by the body of the child, or the people on this thread trying to justify their behavior by claiming this is human nature.

• Mary
    Mary
    I have to have an MRI done. I went to get my stitches out yesterday and my doctor says I have a concussion. She also told me that the numbness in my forehead is not from the nerveblock, but from severed nerves. I might not get my feeling back around the decision.

Oh good lord......FHN, I'm so sorry this happened to you.....will they do surgery on you or what?

• charlie brown jr.
    charlie brown jr.

Heather...........

Wish a Kiss on your Forehead could fix it...............

Hope everything turns out well!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit