Whos is King of North?

by sparki 35 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• blondie
    blondie

I hope all realize that is not my chart but the WTS, I am merely reporting not supporting.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    OTWO- In the Beatles song " Glass Onion " John stated the " Walrus was Paul". Does that mean that Paul McCartney is the " King of the North " ? He does live in Great Britain ya know, that's north .

That's alright by me. But I think Amsterdam would be better suited, or Stockholm.

I can't speak for others, but I kid around on this thread because the whole notion is silly.

King of the north. Maybe it's the biggest popstar from Canada.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

Hey Sparki; ; looks like those evil nuclear armed Iranians are behaving themselves, so much being the King of the North.

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

Just reading that question sent a wave of revulsion through my whole body

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    sparki - "I havent read anything from watchtower about this."

That's because for decades, the WTS claimed the "King of the North" was Soviet Russia, which (unexpectedly for them) collapsed in the early 90s, and no superpower since the USSR has had enough clout on the global political scene to justifiably replace the "King of the North" in Fred Franz's eschatology.

BTW, the WTS also claimed that the UN was the "Wild Beast" that would destroy "Babylon the Great", the "world empire of false religion". Which is interesting, considering that the UN Security Council doesn't even seem capable of enforcing resolutions to defend religious freedoms (in the developing world, anyway), let alone marshaling a global campaign to repress it; an action that would almost certainly be quashed by any of the major superpowers with legal veto authority, anyway.

I've said all this before, but basically, the WTS subscribes to a decades-old Cold-War-Era-centric End-Times script, in which the primary villains are now either virtually powerless or - for all intents and purposes - nonexistent.

And they're kind of stuck with it; they can't really give it a rewrite or even a polish, since Franz left no eschatalogical protege or successor, and any action would also be tantamount to admitting the previous "understanding" was all bullshi... er, "Old Light" (not that really seems to faze the hard-core R&F).

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    IMHO - "It's the EU."

My late father though that might be the case.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit