Whos is King of North?

by sparki 35 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• angel.face
    angel.face

James woods: I don't see how one can explain the king of the north after that new understanding, or new confusion. I am still waiting for that article they said is coming to explain that.

• james_woods
    james_woods
    James woods: I don't see how one can explain the king of the north after that new understanding, or new confusion. I am still waiting for that article they said is coming to explain that.

That was what I got from reading about it here - that they made a great preliminary expectations, and then basically said nothing (at least nothing understandable) at the conventions. BTW - isn't Iran a little too far south geographically to be the "king of the north", unless the new "king of the south" is Argentina or South Africa?

• sparki
    sparki

@ Dagothur - stop watching CNN and other main stream media.

you dont know thing about Iran other than what they report on. This is straight up religious war.

Did you know Iran is placing medium range missles in Venezuela right now? For what?

So they can attack U.S when time comes.

I said Obama is chicken because he's distancing himself from Israel and Iran because this is some serious crazy shiznit.

and he's not going to anything about it.

For the new understanding, i dont think they talked about king of north.

they just said the 'feet' mixed with iron and clay in Daniels vision is NOT divided world countries.

its just US/British empire thats extremely divided within. So theres not gonna be any other super power after U.S.

but king of north still exist as U.S adversary

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Lions are as "King of the Jungle" as Polar Bears are as "King of the North."

Why all this speculation, unless you think it's the walrus.

Coo-Coo-Cachoo.

• blondie
    blondie

Just got this email.....

Subject: Zone Report Germany Date: 5/17/11 2:02:57 AM

We thought we would share one of our interesting experiences with you. Yesterday we had our Zone visit talks. We enjoyed listening to a talk by Br. Hardy, the coordinator of the London Bethel, (our 3rd time having him as Zone overseer) in which he included many touching experiences. Then we had the privilege of listening to Br. Loesch, of the Governing Body while he gave a 2 hour talk at the Kingdom Hall in the Bethel here in Germany. It was a talk about the last days, Bible prophecy and the future. He described in detail about the progression of the great tribulation and how it will happen in 3 phases, similar to the progression of the 1st century attack on the city of Jerusalem.

The 1st stage will begin with an unmistakable attack of world leaders on Christendom. They will plunder her wealth and property. The 2nd phase will include that the governments will believe that they have achieved peace and security. The 3rd phase is that the world leaders under the direction of the Gog of Magog and the King of the North would turn their attention to Jehovah's people. The King of the North is........He said we will have to wait and see who attacks us then we will know who the King of the North will be. It doesn't help us to speculate. Some of the anointed ones still on earth will go to heaven shortly after the great tribulation. The sealing of the 144,000 would be complete when the 4 angels let go of the winds of the earth at Armageddon. Then Jehovah and Jesus will step in and bring about Armageddon, even using the forces of nature and fearful signs in the heavens so everyone will know that this was a divine act.

Other interesting points were: the explanation of the generation as is described in the Watchtower about how the anointed ones who saw 1914 would overlap those who they could pass this knowledge on to.

Also, he described what it will be like to live forever and the work that will be involved in helping resurrected ones (housing, food, spiritual knowledge etc..) also those who died last will be resurrected first with the exception of the Princes such as Noah, Moses, Abraham etc.. What we enjoyed the most was how he used the Bible and always referred to the Watchtower articles, especially ones in 1994, 1999, and 2006. It was emphasized that we don't know the answers to many things, and that we won't know until they happen so speculating can be a waste of time. He recommended that we picture ourselves in the new world often even if we don't know all the details about it. He also got us to imagine living not just 1000 years but quintillion years and then on into eternity. He said that boredom is part of our imperfection and that once we are perfect we will never again feel bored. He used the scripture at Ecclesiastes 3:11 about how we will "NEVER find out the work that the true God has made from the start to the finish."

He reminded us that new scrolls would be opened and that Jehovah's rest period would be finished at the end of the 1000 years and that he may begin creating new things. It really touched our hearts to hear him emphasize these points. The 2 hours went by fast, many scriptures were used and detailed explanations were given, more than we are even noting here. It was a privilege to hear this information, although not new, but in such an intimate setting.

PS. The whole program was in English and was translated into Portuguese. About 1800 heard the program. The same program will be given in German this coming Wednesday night.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/beliefs/212051/1/Br-Loesch-great-tribulation-king-of-the-north-generation-overlap-new-scrolls-and-more

Since 1991 the WTS has not identified a King of the North.

***dp (Daniel Prophecy)chap.16p.284TheContendingKingsNearTheirEnd***

Chart/Pictureonpage284]

KINGSINDANIELCHAPTER11

TheKingof TheKingof

theNorth theSouth

Daniel 11:5 Seleucus I Nicator Ptolemy I

Daniel 11:6 Antiochus II Ptolemy II

(wife Laodice) (daughter Berenice)

Daniel 11:7-9 Seleucus II Ptolemy III

Daniel 11:10-12 Antiochus III Ptolemy IV

Daniel 11:13-19 Antiochus III Ptolemy V

(daughter Cleopatra I) Successor: Ptolemy VI

Successors:

Seleucus IV and

Antiochus IV

Daniel 11:20 Augustus

Daniel 11:21-24 Tiberius

Daniel 11:25, 26 Aurelian Queen Zenobia

The Roman Empire

breaks down

Daniel 11:27-30a German Empire Britain, followed by

(World War I) the Anglo-American

World Power

Daniel 11:30b, 31 Hitler’s Third Reich Anglo-American

(World War II) World Power

Daniel 11:32-43 Communist bloc Anglo-American

(Cold War) World Power

Daniel 11:44, 45 Yet to rise Anglo-American

World Power

• angel.face
    angel.face

Thanks Blondie! Very interesting. It looks to me that the society is changing their understanding about the king of the north. LOL @ onthewayout

• talesin
    talesin

King of North = Santa Claus,,, duh!

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

BTW, that chart is totally ridiculous — it basically skips over Antiochus IV Epiphanes (by lumping him together in a passage that only concerns Antiochus III and the weak Seleucus IV), chops up the whole long passage devoted to the deeds of Antiochus Epiphanes, and divvies it up to a long cast of figures cherry-picked from world history (Augustus, Tiberius, Zenobia, Aurelian, the German Kaiser, Hitler), with huge time gaps between them unlike the previous Seleucid-Ptolemy succession, in order to make the "prophecy" stretch into the twentieth century. And the funniest thing is that this is obvious from the Daniel book itself! For the few times it makes reference to Antiochus Epiphanes, it is painfully obvious that the deeds that are described correspond precisely to scriptures that the Society wants to have fulfilled in the twentieth century:

***dp chap. 14 p. 231 The Two Kings Change Identities ***SYRIAN monarch Antiochus IV invades Egypt and crowns himself its king. At the request of Egyptian King Ptolemy VI, Rome sends Ambassador Caius Popilius Laenas to Egypt. He has with him an impressive fleet and orders from the Roman Senate that Antiochus IV renounce his kingship of Egypt and withdraw from the country. At Eleusis, a suburb of Alexandria, the Syrian king and the Roman ambassador come face-to-face. Antiochus IV requests time for consultation with his advisers, but Laenas draws a circle around the king and tells him to answer before stepping across the line. Humiliated, Antiochus IV complies with Roman demands and returns to Syria in 168 B.C.E. Thus ends the confrontation between the Syrian king of the north and the Egyptian king of the south

Now doesn't that sound A LOT like what is described in Daniel 11:29-30? "In due time he will make his way southwards again but this time the outcome will not be as before. The ships of Kittim will oppose him, and he will be intimidated. He will retire and take furious action against the holy covenant..." But noooooo! This verse cannot refer to Antiochus IV, it has to refer to British ships in WWI!! Same thing applies to Antiochus IV's attack on the Temple, razing of Jerusalem, and installation of the Abomination of Desolation: "On the fifteenth day of Chislev in the year one hundred and forty-five [i.e. 167 BC] the king erected the abomination of desolation above the altar" (1 Maccabees 1:54). The Society also describes this event in the Daniel book, but fails to match it with any corresponding verse in Daniel 11:

***dp chap. 13 p. 227 Two Kings in Conflict ***The new king of the north, Antiochus IV, sought to show himself mightier than God by trying to eradicate Jehovah’s arrangement of worship. Defying Jehovah, he dedicated Jerusalem’s temple to Zeus, or Jupiter. In December 167 B.C.E., a pagan altar was erected on top of the great altar in the temple courtyard where a daily burnt offering had been made to Jehovah. Ten days later, a sacrifice to Zeus was offered on the pagan altar. This desecration led to a Jewish uprising under the Maccabees.

Now that's a pretty huge event for the Jews, you'd think the prophet Daniel would have made reference to it? And this pagan altar was even called "the abomination of desolation" by the Maccabees. This event is clearly described in 11:31: "Forces of his will come and profane the sanctuary citadel; they will abolish the perpetual sacrifice and install the abomination of desolation there". But the Society cannot have this refer to such a historical event (which Josephus himself regarded as a fulfillment of this prophecy). Nooooo... it has to refer to the United Nations established after WWII!! LOL!!

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I'll put my 2 cents in. The King of the North is: Montana

• james_woods
    james_woods
    BTW, that chart is totally ridiculous — it basically skips over Antiochus IV Epiphanes (by lumping him together in a passage that only concerns Antiochus III and the weak Seleucus IV), chops up the whole long passage devoted to the deeds of Antiochus Epiphanes, and divvies it up to a long cast of figures cherry-picked from world history (Augustus, Tiberius, Zenobia, Aurelian, the German Kaiser, Hitler), with huge time gaps between them unlike the previous Seleucid-Ptolemy succession, in order to make the "prophecy" stretch into the twentieth century. And the funniest thing is that this is obvious from the Daniel book itself!

I agree completely - but for a much simpler reason.

You would have to be howling at the moon MAD to think that this mythical ancient writing has a thing to do with the outcome of modern world history.

Or that the JWs could just pick some modern governments and fit them into place on it - especially when the first try (USSR-North) totally failed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit