Well, it's official, I am a rabid, mentally diseased Apostate!

by serenitynow! 48 Replies latest jw friends

• N.drew
    N.drew

cantleave, do you mean you wish you didn't have the fashion sense to do that? Just kidding!

Personally, it would be hard for me to go outside with words, any words, on my shirt.

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

I think my approach will be either

A book on science and religion

A documentary on the JW's

or a You tube interview of some sort.. check out Jason Beghe on Youtube talking about scientology, it will make the hairs on your neck stand up. At times you would swear he was describing the JW's. So much so that I came away wondering if there is a party at the top of all these religious movements, one group or beneficiary behind them all... ?

Whaever I decide to do I hope to help people get access to information and knowlege so they can decide the truth for themselves. Ultimate kudos to you for marching into an assembly hall, head held high.

My I ask, what would you all do or say if ou had the balls to do what Serenity did ?

I think I would like to stand up when some falsehood is being repeated and challenge the speaker and hope the speaker take the challenge so as to not look weak and as if they had something to hide. "Evolution is not true.." I would love to stand up to that one...

Snare x

• discreetslave
    discreetslave

I was thinking of you guys all week wishing I could be with you or wanting to show up at Bethel while in NY.
    Being an activist & trying to save your marriage doesn't blend.

• Joliette
    Joliette

Hey Serenitynow. Great for you!!! I dont have the nerve to do that. Its good that you are standing up for what you believe.

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

Snare, the minute you start yelling from your seat they'll swoop in, pick you up and throw you out onto the street. Better to go to the Sunday meeting and make a comment.

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

Very brave

I find it sick that they would call the police and harass you for simply wearing a shirt .

Our experience was much different, you should have seen the look of shock when we told the elders we would call the police to the assembly hall if our child's molester came within the 100 yards of our restraining order . I remember them saying.."you would have the police come in the assembly?" with disgust in their faces.

I guess they welcome child molesters with open arms but God forbid you wear a shirt warning others. Sick!

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

I don't think the shirts were what really did it. After all, 5 of us were supposed to wear the shirts, but only the 2 women had the guts to do it. The undercover guys in our group put JWFacts cards everywhere! The restrooms, the cafeteria, in very creative ways. A brother found and got rid of a bunch of the cards in the bathroom, then they went back in put more cards in there! They also put stuff about hedge funds in the contribution boxes. I think the capper was that they hit the parking lot & left cards on windshields. One guy said some brothers saw him doing it and so he just smiled and waved at them. The brother who told me to leave had accused me of being part of a group of people who were distributing apostate materials. I was baffled because I didn't even know the guys were planning to do that! The brother told me my group was leaving so I needed to leave. I told him "I'm a grown woman & I drove myself here, so whatever."

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

Serenitynow...You are my new hero!

• sherah
    sherah

Serenity, you go hard in the paint! Hats off to you and your friend.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit