Three earthquakes today

by doofdaddy 26 Replies latest jw friends

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

I am currently in Bali and was having a massage this morning. Suddenly a massive rumble and the sound of thunder. The massage lady screamed and ran for the door. I jumped and ran. From outside she yells, "Sir Sir, sarong sarong!! Yep I grabbed one but wasn't too worried about being naked at that moment... Then a second hit. Damage and injury. 4 hrs later, I am talking to my daughter on the phone making jokes about earthquakes and another hit. The phone connection cut and the earth moved sideways.... The locals are more nervous than the tourists. I have made an exit plan and am sleeping with the door open tonight.

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

WOW be careful!!FS

• jay88
    jay88

I am currently in Bali and was having a massage this morning. Suddenly a massive rumble and the sound of thunder. The massage lady screamed and ran for the door.

Tooooo,...relaxed, so you let one rip

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

seems normal considering the circumstances

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Sounds scary.

• jay88
    jay88

Seriously,.....I've never been through an earthquake, but I know I would be shaken up if I did.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Bali...

Pacific Rim, if I recall correctly...

VERY earthquake-prone...

It sounds like the biggest tremblor has hit, though, and the after-shocks will gradually lessen...

But I'd sleep in the yard in a tent, tonight, if I were in your shoes... [Zid shudders at the thought of being in a major earthquake...]

Are you near any active volcanoes? Dormant ones? [Within 15 miles??] Better keep an eye on them, too, just in case... For the next few years, at least.

Just wondering... Usually a volcano has "harmonic" tremors - and those are fairly small and come in increasing frequency as the volcano reaches the point of eruption...

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

As long as you don't go running back to the Kingdom Hall you'll be fine. Good luck!

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

The end is coming!!!

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

I remember the first time a lady giving me a massage ran screaming out the door, some women are just intimidated with size.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit