Three earthquakes today

by doofdaddy 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

They had the Bali earthquake on the news yesterday. I'm glad you're alright.

Has there been much in the news there about the 14 yr old Aussie boy who bought weed on the street? He's being held in a police prison (not the infamous one) but they're trying to get him out. Even with the earthquake, they kept him and other prisoners locked inside.

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

Earthquakes can be scary. Glad you are fine.

• fade_away
    fade_away

Signs of the end..... It's imminent and right around the corner!!

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

Thanks for comments guys. I managed to ease the fear with numerous beers! LOL! Even though the experts tell you to go under a table, there is an uncontrollable urge to get out. Yes there are numerous volcanoes here, one was active 10 odd years ago and there was a massive eruption in the early sixties. We were more worried about tsunamies though, as Bali face the same "rim" as the 2004 disaster.

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

If you are in a costal area and see the tide suddenly rise or fall and then drawn out to sea....head for the hills !

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

Cheers exwhyzee, yeah where I'm staying we are about 10 metres above sea level (thanks to iphone app) and about 1 mile from the sea, so keeping a keen ear and eye. One good thing is the birds are back and singing. It was silent yesterday.....

• Shanagirl
    Shanagirl

Hey guys, here's a real time Seismic Monitor

Magnitute color chart.

Shana

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

Thanks Shana. Looks like the "ring of fire" is doing its thing...

• free2beme
    free2beme

Been in several, but thankfully I was not in a third world nation at the time.

• smiddy
    smiddy

My wife and I were in San Francisco for our 50th wedding anniversary in march this year and I was hoping to feel a slight/small tremor during our 5 night stay their. ( nothing big mind you ) but alas nothing

Yet this raises a question : If their is such a thing as an almighty God why is he so silent on warning human beings about impending natural disasters??,especially his so called chosen ones,if he really loves humanity.??

The facts remain however that in the last 2000 years humans,, beleivers and non beleivers, have gone through such terrible suffering and indignanties that a beleif in a loving God who cares for is ludicrous

smiddy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit