The seven trumpet blasts of Revelation & the “Millions” campaign.

by transhuman68 36 Replies latest jw friends

• drewcoul
    drewcoul

I have wondered about this in the past. I attended a talk by Fred Franz in Indianapolis in 1982 or so when I was just 10 years old. I was able to find a recording of it online, and listened to it again. He mentioned that it was in Indianapolis in "Nineteen hundred and twenty fiiiiive" that the fourth trumpet blast was made, and a bowl was poured onto the sun and it became scorching hot.

It's been 83 years since the last trumpet blast......I wonder if they're going to change this in the near future.

There is virtually no one alive who was alive when these trumpets supposedly blasted. How do they explain this?

Does anyone know if they're planning a revised Revelation Climax book?

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

They were blasting something in the 1920's, but most of it was out their ass/arse!

• Ding
    Ding

The whole Cedar Point thing was predicated on the idea that the end really WAS imminent and that Bible end times prophecies all center around the preaching activities of the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society.

As more and more time passes by with no Armageddon, the more ridiculous the whole Cedar Point teaching appears, and the more many of us wonder how anyone -- including ourselves -- could have given the WTS' apocalyptic speculations a moment's serious consideration.

I think the WTS will simply omit Cedar Point in future comments about the end times. If, by chance, they do hang onto it, I think they will whitewash Rutherford's failed prophecy by saying that Jehovah has given the world an undeserved number of warnings and ample time to repent, proving conclusively that we are indeed in the last days of this old system.

Whichever way they go, the vast majority of JWs will "be grateful for the slave's provision" and buy whatever the GB tells them.

• Bella15
    Bella15

WORST CHRISTIAN CULT EVER

Totally agree!

"They were blasting something in the 1920's, but most of it was out their ass/arse!"

Makes me mad when I read that stuff because it reminds me of my family still there believing their lies and shunning my poor niece that wants nothing to do with that Org after being sexually abused for years by a female pioneer, and by 2 circuit overseers.

• Rydor
    Rydor

Last time we studied the Revelation book I think I was in my teens so my critical thinking abilities were not well-developed. Looking back on it now, I can't believe full-grown adults actually swallowed that drivel! And to think they expected us to place this at the door! I just can't imagine any householder accepting the book, reading the book, and then saying "Yes! This is exactly what I've been searching for!"

One of these days I'm going to ask a Witness, "When John talks about these terrifying, cataclysmic events....the earth being burned up, stars falling, water turning to blood, a third of mankind dying.....Do you REALLY believe he was talking about....conventions held in the 1920's??"

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I remember all the updates to that book. Our last book study go around I was wondering why they even bothered with that publication in it's present form. The brother conducting the book study would even say from time to time, "This is the present thinking from the Society". The trumpet blasts had me bothered from day one. I was still studying when the book came out. I thought it was a far reach. Especially when they were describing the flying creatures that stung everyone. The tie in that the sting was the message left from magazines was a real eye roller. But long with every other JW I offered the book in service. If I were to actually crack open that book today, I'd likely be astonished at what I overlooked.

Does the WT still teach these conventions from the 20's as the 7 bowls?

• james_woods
    james_woods

Yes, but they did realistically drop the notion that the prophets of the old testament were resurrected in the 1920s to live in Beth Sarim.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Here is a 1990 WT elaboration

QuestionsFromReaders

?WhendidthesevenangelictrumpetblastsofRevelationbegintosound?

In Revelation chapters 8, 9, and 11, we read of seven angels who blew seven trumpets, heralding plagues of great intensity on portions of mankind.

These represent proclamations of Jehovah’s judgments that have been publicized by Jehovah’s people throughout the time of the end starting notably with the Cedar Point convention of 1922.—See Revelation—ItsGrandClimaxAtHand!, chapters 21 to 23 and chapter 26.

The first four trumpet blasts expose the spiritually dead state of Christendom’s portion of “the earth” and “the sea,” as well as the fallen condition of the clergy and Christendom’s spiritual darkness.—Revelation 8:7-12.

History shows that the public exposure of these facts actually began before 1922. For example, the lecture “Millions Now Living May Never Die,” first delivered in 1918 and published in booklet form in 1920, told of Christendom’s failure and of the approaching end of this world. TheGoldenAge of September 29, 1920, plainly exposed Christendom as a fornicator, a lying fraud, and a misleader of the people.

Why, then, does the RevelationClimax book say that these four trumpets only started to be blown at the Cedar Point convention in 1922?

Because it was then that the call went forth to “advertise, advertise, advertise the King and the Kingdom,” giving great impetus to the preaching activity. The November 1, 1922, issue of TheWatchTower, says: “The friends . . . took it as the keynote of the convention that the real privilege and duty of the consecrated now on earth is to advertise the presence of the Lord, the great King of kings, and that his kingdom is here, and that this is the most important thing for them to do.”

It should also be noted that while all four of these judgment messages have been publicized by Jehovah’s Witnesses since 1922, each in turn received a powerful impetus from the adoption of four resolutions at conventions held between 1922 and 1925. Tens of millions of copies of these resolutions were subsequently distributed in printed form, effectively exposing Christendom’s spiritually dead state.—See the RevelationClimax book, page 133, paragraph 15.

The final three trumpet blasts involve “woes.” (Revelation 8:13) They are different from the first four trumpet blasts in that they relate to specific events. The fifth trumpet blast is related to the release in 1919 of God’s people from “the abyss.” The sixth has to do with the “cavalry” and the massive international preaching campaign that began in 1922. The seventh is linked to the birth of God’s Kingdom in 1914.—Revelation 9:1-19; 11:15-19.

Each of these events brought woe to Satan and his world. The release of the anointed in 1919 from the abyss of inactivity stung Christendom’s clergy and demonstrated Jehovah’s total rejection of her. From 1922 down to today, the huge cavalry has killed Christendom, spiritually speaking, exposing her dead condition and warning of her coming destruction. And after the birth of the Kingdom in 1914, Satan was cast out of heaven, stirring up ruinous trouble among mankind. Soon the Kingdom will remove the seemingly stable human society Satan has built up (the earth), wiping out rebellious mankind (the sea) at Armageddon.—Revelation 11:17–12:12; 21:1.

At the Cedar Point convention in 1922, all three “woes” became evident to the world at large. The preaching campaign then initiated made it clear that “the locusts” were out of “the abyss” and the charge by the “cavalry” was under way. And the stirring call to advertise the King and the Kingdom was in full harmony with the seventh trumpet blast.

The March 1, 1925, issue of TheWatchTower explained that events in 1914, 1919, and 1922 were foretold in Revelation chapter 12. This was a deeper understanding of the birth of the Kingdom, and it was faithfully publicized by Jehovah’s Witnesses. In addition, the announcing of this plaguing information received a major impetus from the adoption and subsequent distribution of powerful resolutions during conventions held from 1926 to 1928.—See Revelation—ItsGrandClimaxAtHand!, pages 147, 149, 172.

Hence, the blowing of the seven trumpets began in 1922 and got well under way during the 1920’s. Since then, Jehovah’s people have cooperated fearlessly with the angels in telling all mankind that Christendom is spiritually dead, her clergy are fallen leaders, and soon she and the rest of this satanic world will be destroyed.--- Watchtower, 4/1/90.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Reminds me a little of a scene between Batman and Robin after they received a riddle from the Riddler. Batman reads the riddle and turns to Robin:

Batman: "Hmmmm....What weighs six ounces, sits in a tree and is very dangerous?"

Robin: "A sparrow with a machine gun!"

Batman: "Of course Robin, there is no other possible explanation."

• jay88
    jay88

If this isn't an acute form of eisegesis I don't know what is.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit