The seven trumpet blasts of Revelation & the “Millions” campaign.

by transhuman68 36 Replies latest jw friends

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

One of the Jehovah’s Witness doctrines that many of us have had trouble believing is that the seven angel’s trumpet blasts described in Revelation applied to events that occurred in the 1920’s at seven assemblies held around the world at the time when Judge Rutherford was the president of the Watchtower Society.

The Revelation Climax book (1988) contains this summary on page 173:

Highlights of Jehovah's Trumpetlike Judgment Proclamations
    1. 1922 Cedar Point, Ohio: A challenge to Christendom's leaders in religion, politics, and big business to justify their failure to bring peace, prosperity, and happiness. Messiah's Kingdom is the panacea.
    2. 1923 Los Angeles, California: The public talk, "All Nations Now Marching to Armageddon, but Millions Now Living Will Never Die," called on peace-loving "sheep" to abandon the death-dealing sea of humanity.
    3. 1924 Columbus, Ohio: Ecclesiastics indicted for self-exaltation and refusal to preach Messiah's Kingdom. True Christians must preach God's vengeance and comfort mourning humanity.
    4. 1925 Indianapolis, Indiana: A message of hope contrasting the spiritual darkness in Christendom with the bright Kingdom promise of peace, prosperity, health, life, liberty, and eternal happiness.
    5. 1926 London, England: A locustlike plaguing of Christendom and its clergy, exposing their rejection of God's Kingdom, and hailing the birth of that heavenly government.
    6. 1927 Toronto, Canada: An invitation, carried as by armies of cavalry, calling on people to forsake `organized Christianity' and give heart allegiance to Jehovah God and to his King and Kingdom.
    7. 1928 Detroit, Michigan: A declaration against Satan and for Jehovah, making plain that God's anointed King, enthroned in 1914, will destroy Satan's evil organization and emancipate mankind.

This is an interesting interpretation of Jehovah’s Witness activities in the 1920’s, but a problem occurs when we read what Judge Rutherford actually wrote at the time, in the book "Millions Now Living Will never Die" (1920):

That period of time beginning 1575 before A.D.1 of necessity would end in the fall of the year 1925, at which time the type ends and the great antitype must begin. What, then, should we expect to take place? In the type there must be a full restoration; therefore the great antitype must mark the beginning of restoration of all things. The chief thing to be restored is the human race to life; and since other Scriptures definitely fix the fact that there will be a resurrection of Abraham, Isaac, Jacob and other faithful ones of old, and that these will have the first favor, we may expect 1925 to witness the return of these faithful men of Israel from the condition of death, being resurrected and fully restored to perfect humanity and made the visible, legal representatives of the new order of things on earth.

If Rutherford had been right in his prediction for 1925, and Abraham, Isaac, Jacob had been resurrected then there would have been only three or at the most four trumpet blasts! One prophecy cuts right through the middle of the other and the two cannot co-exist. The idea that the seven trumpet blasts were seven assemblies is pure fiction, made up years after Rutherford's embarrassing gaffe.

It is obvious that this is just another example of the Faithful and Discreet Slave re-writing history to suit the facts and gloss over their record of false predictions.

Is it just a question of time before all these prophecy failures are completely forgotten and no longer referred to, just like the "Millions" book?

• still thinking
    still thinking

Yeah probably, they are experts when it comes to denial

• jehovahsheep
    jehovahsheep

those events in the 1920s are insignificant as zero .the people who read those tracts grew old and died .the people who distributed the message all grew old and died.no judgement of theirs came to pass.false prophets they proved to be.

• jay88
    jay88

Add in WT's version of the "two witnesses" to complete the madness.

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

LOL! Definitely a lot of jumbled-up applications of Bible prophecy happened a hundred years ago. It's important to remember those people who came before us, and who were misled the same as we were. It's just one more reason to keep fighting the Watchtower Society and their lies & cover-ups.

• MrMonroe
    MrMonroe

Excellent points, transhuman. To outsiders, it is very clearly the attaching of very mundane events to biblical prophecies with the specific intent of weaving their own religious history into the Bible. The more they intermingle the two, the more convincing it is that they are God's "organisation".

At the point I left the cult in 2008, we were studying the Revelation book in the last few months of the weekly book study arrangement. And though I'd always been enthusiastic and diligent in making comments at book studies to keep the damn thing moving, I found myself increasingly unable to answer questions from that book because I just didn't accept that it was correct. I'd read the questions, look at the answers and think, "Well, they say that, but I don't see that it's true."

What you say is completely spot-on, and as devastating to their mythology as the claim that Jesus inspected world religions and chose the WTS as his "organisation" despite the fact that they were teaching that (a) Jesus had returned invisibly in 1874, (b) Jesus should be worshipped and (c) Russell was the faithful slave.

But JWs would still claim this is "new light" ... further revelations over time. As time marched on, it became "evident" that that's what the trumpet blasts were.

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

Thanks, MrMonroe. I thought of writing the thread because 1925 seems to be a 'forgotten failure' and written quotes about it are even harder to find than for 1975. Also, the mathematics of it- 1925 is exactly halfway between 1922 and 1928- the supposed beginning and end of the trumpet blasts. It seems like a deliberate whitewash.

The book "Millions Now living Will Never Die" can be downloaded as a PDF scan from this site:

http://www.a2z.org/wtarchive/archive.htm#magazines

• Heartofaboy
    Heartofaboy

How did I sit there on so many Tuesday night book studies listening to the crock in the Revelation book about the trumpet blasts & the 1920 assemblies. No body at the group had any idea what was even said at these assemblies. The old men in Brooklyn really must think we are stupid.

• BarefootServant
    BarefootServant

Hey, don't knock the Revelation book - studying it for the third time so weakened my trust in the organisation that I started to question the whole thing. I'd highly recommend it to anyone who thinks the WTS understands bible prophecy.

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

Good grief. The Watchtower is the most ridiculous religion on earth. Seven completely insignificant assemblies conducted by deluded Bible worshipers is about as far away from the true meaning of the seven trumpet blasts as we can possibly get.

The sevens in Revelation have to do with spiritual energies and the human chakra system. But you've heard "as above, so below". The Earth is a sentient being and also has seven chakras, or spiritual energy points... vortices that are portals to the upper octaves or dimensions, connecting her electromagnetically with the Cosmos. The harlot sitting on these seven chakras are the black-magician banksters who control the media, religions and education, suppressing knowledge and technology so that mankind remains in a state of primitive spiritual unconsciousness. These chakras began to open successively in the late 1980's and this is reflected in the King's Chamber of the Giza Pyramid. The Fourth Chakra (Heart) is due to be activated in 2012 and this is what will trigger the Ascension process. When these mountains activate they turn on the harlot and destroy her. This is all done through human consciousness. The veil is lifted and man suddenly knows from whence he came and where he is going. His understanding of his purpose is brought into the light.

We are Co-Creators, not test-tube organisms in need of a savior.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit