The seven trumpet blasts of Revelation & the “Millions” campaign.

by transhuman68 36 Replies latest jw friends

• jehovahsheep
    jehovahsheep

i agree-hogwash! what presumptousness.this just as bad as those 19th century terrorists-the mormons.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

I just got this reply from a JW on the subject

171759.5 in reply to 171759.4

Hi Vander

>> In your 1988 Revelation Climax book, page 25 it presents these two witnesses spoken about in Revelation 11 as members of the WTO leadership including J. F. Rutherford...Is this still the current understanding of your org.? <<

Yes.

" ... In the Revelation to John, those who are spoken of by God as “my two witnesses” are spiritual Israelites, dedicated, baptized followers of the Messiah whom John followed, namely, Jesus Christ. As worshipers of Jehovah of armies, as it were, in the courtyard of his spiritual temple, they were trampled underfoot by the Gentile nations “for forty-two months.” This was during World War I of the years 1914-1918. During that time these symbolic “two witnesses” prophesied in sackcloth, in the sense that the message they publicly proclaimed was a mournful one. It foretold the coming destruction, the violent death, of all the Gentile nations now that the “times of the Gentiles” had ended in early fall of the year 1914. (Luke 21:24) Like gloomy-looking prophets, dressed in the mournful garb of sackcloth, they prophesied for one thousand two hundred and sixty days during the first world war. (Revelation 11:1-3) What happened to them then, as foreseen by the apostle John?

“And when they have finished their witnessing, the wild beast that ascends out of the abyss will make war with them and conquer them and kill them. And their corpses will be on the broad way of the great city which is in a spiritual sense called Sodom and Egypt, where their Lord was also impaled.”—Revelation 11:7, 8. That wild beast out of the abyss is later shown to symbolize the world organization of politics now millenniums old. In the spring of the year 1918, before World War I was over, this beastly political organization took advantage of war conditions to ban literature on the Bible as used by the “two witnesses” class and imprisoned dedicated Christians who were foremost in publishing it. Thus the free public work of the symbolic “two witnesses” was killed; and as far as public witnessing for Jehovah’s theocratic government is concerned, they were like dead bodies lying in the streets of Christendom, exposed to shame and religious persecution...."

much Christian love

1pennyone

• BroMac
    BroMac

In 1917
    the Bible Students published The Finished
    Mystery, a powerful commentary on Revelation
    and Ezekiel.

Really.......

Job 40:15 to 41:34 pg84-85 of said book:

• Mary
    Mary
    7. 1928 Detroit, Michigan: A declaration against Satan and for Jehovah, making plain that God's anointed King, enthroned in 1914, will destroy Satan's evil organization and emancipate mankind.

Ya.....I'll bet Satan really lost a couple of nights sleep over that declaration eh?

Even when I was a believing Witness, I was embarassed at the lame-assed explanations that the Babylon the Great book (which remains #1 as the most boring book ever published by the human race) and the Revelation Climax book doled out. Really stupid things like: the mountain on fire that crashes into the sea and kills a third of all the fish really is talking about the 'firey message about God's kingdom' that began again after WWII, or that the hundred million locusts the devour everything is really talking about the Dubs placing their literature. I would sit there and think "oh come on, is that really the best you can come up with?"

Idiots.

• designs
    designs

"is that really the best you can come up with" it really was, remember they aren't very bright and totally self-absorbed.

• Mary
    Mary

Designs, maybe they should've eaten some magic mushroom like John did when he first wrote Revelation. At least it would've been more interesting.

• Think About It
    Think About It
    ....maybe they should've eaten some magic mushroom like John did when he first wrote Revelation.

What bat-shit crazy interpretations of Revelation. Nothing like looking back in retrospect and applying prophecy to themselves. Do they still teach this or have they gotten "New Light" on this also?

Think About It

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit