Hypocrites.....grrrrrrr

by Tatiana 32 Replies latest jw friends

• Tatiana
    Tatiana

Well, a couple of nights ago I was kind of ashamed of myself. Let me explain.

I have a new job. As a model scout. The pay is great and it's more in line with what I've done most of my life. Fashion Merchandising. Modeling. Designing clothes.

The other night, we were at a training meeting. About 40 of us. We had to give a demonstration of how we would approach a stranger. Like in a mall, at the museum, or anywhere we may happen to see someone who fits the industry standards. So, of course, being the joking person that I am ...when it was my turn....I said....

"Hi, my name is April. I'm sorry to interrupt you. Don't be scared. I'm NOT a Jehovah's Witness. Have you ever thought of modeling?.......etc......"

Well, everyone burst into laughter. Except ONE guy. He jumped up and said..."I don't appreciate that!!!!! I AM a witness. And I don't think that was funny!"

Guys, I swear I don't know what happened to me!!! I snapped! I've been really stressed lately, and I guess this was the proverbial "straw." I mean, I looked a this guy....a nice looking black man in his 20's with SKIN TIGHT black leather pants on.........a shirt unbuttoned to his waist. All kinds of weird African jewelry. The kind the brothers always said looked like Voodoo stuff!
    A bandana tied around his head. (If any of you know who Usher is--that's who he reminded me of) And I looked at him and said.........."You ARE joking,right???"

He said he wasn't and then right in front of everyone I just told him that I was one for 20 years and was he sure the brothers knew about his modeling career? And would he wear that outfit to the KH? And didn't he miss a meeting the other night? I know where MY anger came from! But I don't know where "his" anger came from (guilty conscience, maybe?), but boy, did it come!!! He stood up and acted like he wanted to hit me!!! So, the modeling supervisor, Vern, had to stop us. Everyone was sitting there with these stunned looks on their faces.

When I sat down, I was shaking. The girl in front of me told me it was okay. That they DID bug the hell out of you. And she wondered herself what he was doing there.

Anyway, I guess I acted like an idiot! I should have used way more self-control. Should I apologize to him? I just hate the hypocrisy so damn much! I got into so much trouble with the elders when I modeled. These different rules for diferent people make me so angry!

Sorry to vent.....
    But I REALLY hate these double-standards!!!!!!!!!

April

If you bury the truth under the ground, it will but grow, and gather to itself such explosive power that the day it bursts through it will blow up everything in its way.--Emile Zola, J'accuse
    http://www.network54.com/Forum/171905

• DanielHaase
    DanielHaase

Proud of you and don't blame you at all. I see all the time sisters around here dressed like skanks and yet they turn their noses. That's ok, they can die stupid.

"Brother, you better get down on your knees and pay...a thousand more fools are being born every f***ing day" -Bad Religion
  • OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

HA-HA!Hey Tatiana,you did good!Never take crap from those hypocrates..LOL...OUTLAW

• Rummy1
    Rummy1

Great stuff Tatiana !
    How could he even admit he was a witness dressed like that?!!
    Go get'em girl!

• Prisca
    Prisca

WOW.....

Good for you Tatiana. To be dressing like that showed him up to be a real hypocrite, and that's possibly why he was so angry. He probably knew he shouldn't be there (maybe he WAS missing a meeting). And he was a white woman telling him what to do!!

BTW, I liked your introduction....

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Say, Tatiana, you've just given me an idea for our next Sydney BBQ!

You've got it.... practise sessions!@!! How to approach Jehovah's Witnesses

Cheers,
    Ozzie

"If our hopes for peace are placed in the hands of imperfect people, they are bound to evaporate."

- Ron Hutchcraft Surviving the Storms of Stress

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

April, my grandmother a non-christian also told me to be respectful of ALL people. That advice has guided my life and I have a clear conscience for it.

I'll leave you with what Solomon reminded us, there is a time and place for everything.

Guest 77

• cornish
    cornish

Good show,,,, Good for you,'Bravo'.

• Tatiana
    Tatiana

I'm really not a confrontational person. And I didn't even plan on saying the part about being a jw. I remembered seeing an episode of the X-Files where Mulder made a joke about the witnesses knocking on the door, and it just came out.

And he really looked shocked when I said I'd been a witness for 20 years. I believe he just thought I was a worldly person just making fun, but realized then that I knew how a witness was "supposed" (and that's a BIG "supposed!") to carry themselves. Thus his anger.

I realize I still have issues that I thought were gone. I can't believe I got so angry. I usually don't. But, I know something's wrong when I cry or start shaking. I know I'm furious then. It just kills me that I was privately reproved for modeling. Finally had to quit, while he sits there all self-righteous, in his pimp outfit, BRAGGING about being a witness! But, maybe he was an elder's son, and, you know, not bound by the rules the rank and file have to follow!!

That's what angers me the most. The two sets of rules. The bending for some while others have to tow the line.
    Guest 77, a friend pointed out to me last night, that if it's okay for him to go door to door and tell people that if they don't follow the organization, they will be destroyed along with billions of people, and their tongues will rot out and their eyeballs will rot in their heads, then it was okay for me to call him on what he was "pretending" to be. And yet, I still felt like I should have apologized to him.

April

If you bury the truth under the ground, it will but grow, and gather to itself such explosive power that the day it bursts through it will blow up everything in its way.--Emile Zola, J'accuse
    http://www.network54.com/Forum/171905

• Julie
    Julie

Well April

*I* thought your opening line was great!!! As to the rest, ah, t you merely announced the emperor has no clothes, you have no reason to be critical of yourself for becoming a bit emotional on the topic.

Hypocrisy irritates me to no end too....as some here may have noticed

Well done girl, you go!!!!

Regards,
    Julie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit