My sisters’ funeral service was just appalling. An absolute disgrace.

by still wondering 37 Replies latest watchtower medical

• still wondering
    still wondering

My sisters' funeral service was just appalling. An absolute disgrace.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/medical/216561/1/My-Sister-Died-This-Morning-After-Refusing-Blood-On-Four-Occasions

The funeral was held today for my sister when every opportunity was used as a sales pitch to promote their malignant message, in this case to any non jw's that may be present, just like any other pyramid scam it seems.

The person whose funeral it is just has a minor bit part to play compared to the main feature , the promotion of the all encompassing multi-talented multi-tentacled WTS that you can rely on to guide misguide and pervade every nook and cranny of your life including when to die.

And why not, because as Gods only prophet to all mankind, they don't just HEAR Gods voice, they ARE Gods voice.

***Watchtower 1957 June 15 p.370*** "It is vital that we respond to the directions of the "slave" as we would to the voice of God."

Wow, the WTS IS the voice of God!!!!

"The modern-day "Ezekiel"... commissioned to serve as the mouthpiece and active agent of Jehovah... commissioned to speak in the Divine name". NSKJ p54

Even more, not only is the WTS the voice and MOUTHPIECE of God it also speaks in the DIVINE NAME!!!!!!!

Yes, the WTS claim that they are indistinguishable from God.

And why not? After all they are his voice and have His name.

In WT land they imagine THEY ARE GOD!!!

Clearly with such imposing authority it is no surprise that they barely need to refer to Him at all. Throughout the service I noted the following:

The word Christ mentioned - none.

The word Jesus mentioned - none.

The word God mentioned - twice.

There was next to nothing about my sister as a person but rather a recitation of her acts of service to her actual god the WTS. It was pointed out that after many years of pioneering she did not continue due to her having to attend to the "mundane" things of life. How absolutely terrible to allow the "mundane" things of life to hinder piosneering. Well what an utter disgrace! Even in death the guilt tripping persists (for the 'benefit' of the slackers present).

There was no mention that the particular "mundane" thing was the very practical matter of getting a proper job, despite a total lack of qualifications, to pay to house herself as she was now homeless after a lifetime spent as an unpaid distributer of totally worthless, unwanted and highly toxic WT junk products. Products of a spiritually defunct, decadent and morally bankrupt real estate and publishing business promoting a pyramid scam these last 135 years.

I don't know of any elders that regarded earning enough to provide a roof over their heads as just a mundane matter. The elders I knew expended considerable effort to earn what they could to impress and compete with others and were far more greedy and materialistic in every aspect of life than any "worldly" non jw's I know.

Such absolutely fine outstanding hypocrites. Just like their abundant and manifest love hate, their hypocrisy knows no bounds.

• designs
    designs

still- I am so sorry for the heartache that occured. A Service should be for comfort not a MLM opportunity. I attended a funeral for a JW friend last year that was similar in its totally missing the pain and loss of the individual. The Elder who gave the talk spoke about how close he was to my friend and how he tried to help him, my friend died of accute alcohol poisoning- this Elder was serving him alcohol in his home up to the last of their meetings.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

so sorry you had to endure their sales-pitch sendoff. Your sister thought she was serving God, and would have received that lousy sales-pitch in that organization even if she was still pioneering.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

still wondering - I totally understand your justified anger at this plastic corporation. My Dad's funeral was much the same. It was a direct advert to DO MORE!!!!

The GB/FDS are loathesome predators who spread their message of hatred at every opportunity.

You are not alone!

• TimothyT
    TimothyT

Still Wondering - A BIGGGGGGGGGGGGG HUG! I feel for you at this time!

I think its dreadful the way that JW funerals are conducted. I often cringed during funerals when they would start using it as a vehicle to advertise themselves! Its VERY bad practice and it is also heartless!!!

I hope you are feeling ok! Just remember we are here to listen! :)

HUG XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

• besty
    besty

is there a funeral talk outline?

• Room 215
    Room 215

I don't have one in my possession, but I recall that there was a note on it a suggestion that the speaker "not eulogize" the deceased.

• Alfred
    Alfred

Still wondering... I don't know what to say... (other than: sorry you had to hear that garbage at your sister's funeral)...

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

I'm sorry Still 'Wondering. Maybe you should make a personal plan to memorialize your sister. I remember, recently, another poster who attending their father's sales meeting, and met afterward with their brother where they sat by a campfire and remembered their father. Can you do something like that to find some closure and to express your grief and appreciation for your sister?

I'll be thinking about you today.

• Ding
    Ding

Individuals were important to Jesus, but they aren't important at all to the WTS.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit