My sisters’ funeral service was just appalling. An absolute disgrace.

by still wondering 37 Replies latest watchtower medical

• ssn587
    ssn587

What does NKSJ stand for? i plead ignorance in this case.

• ssn587
    ssn587

Wish to pass on my condolences to you, I recently lost my wife after many years of marriage, I know how you must feel. So sorry for your loss and the fact you had to sit through the memorial service by the bitchtower.

• beccaskids
    beccaskids

amazed by this! that's just not right..and not a loving thing to do at all for such people that proclaim to be about love.

• beccaskids
    beccaskids

so sorry for your loss:(

• nugget
    nugget

I am so sorry. Witness funerals are often a travesty and offer little comfort to those grieving. I think part of the reason for this is that grieving too much indicates a lack of faith in the resurrection. I don't think I would be able to attend any service in the hall so admire your dedication to your sister. Do something to remember her that is personal to you as family you know the real her buried inside the cult. She deserves a proper memorial.

• Pams girl
    Pams girl

Im so sorry, please accept my condolences.

I like Nuggets sugestion. Why not spend a day looking through photos, maybe light a candle for her....

The WTBTS are an absolute disgrace, they should be ashamed. Individuals dont matter one jot, its the collective power the GB holds as the "voice of Jehovah" that is and always will be, paramount.

Take care of yourself x

Paula x

• crazycate
    crazycate

I am so sorry for your pain.

Back when witnesses used to talk to me about their real feelings, many said that they thought that funeral talks should be more about the person who died and less like a sales pitch. And many recognized that the "witness" given to "worldly" people wasn't a very good one since non-witnesses are more likely to be offended by the very little said about the person who died.

• MrDarkKnight
    MrDarkKnight

I am sorry for your loss. I hope you can find comfort in the memories you have of your sister.

MDK

• flipper
    flipper

STILL WONDERING- I'm so sorry about the loss of your sister . Please accept my wife and my deepest condolences. Lots of hugs to you. Sincerely, Mr. & Mrs. Flipper

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

I'm very sorry for the loss of your sister. You have my sincere condolences. I completely understand your anger about the JW funeral. I do not go to them for that reason. It's also too stressful for me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit