January 2012 WT Study edition on PDF pulled from JW.org website

by bnybyt 42 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• TimothyT
    TimothyT

Hello Brother Quendi. :)

I see what you are saying. I most certainly agree that if you want to understand the bible and its message then deep bible study is required. I would reason that Jesus used very clever forms of teaching that encouraged his listeners to ask questions and want to know more, however, i believe he did this in very simplistic ways. He used common day illustrations for example to appeal to the local people.

I have to say, when I was 12, i found Watchtower studies which used big words and long academicaly written phrases to be quite pompous and exasperating. I felt that the bible wasnt for commoners like me to understand. Im not saying that the message should be dumbed down, but I feel if you are going to teach people about the bible then it needs to be done on their level, just like Jesus did. The magazines should be written in a way which explains the basics of truth clearly and effectivly, but encourages the reader to go and do his own research on the deeper matters.

Here are some choice scriptures from 1 Corinthians 2:

1 And when I came to you, brethren, I did not come with superiority of speech or of wisdom, proclaiming to you the testimony of God.

3 I was with you in weakness and in fear and in much trembling,

4 and my message and my preaching were not in persuasive words of wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power,

5 so that your faith would not rest on the wisdom of men, but on the power of God.

6 Yet we do speak wisdom among those who are mature; a wisdom, however, not of this age nor of the rulers of this age, who are passing away;

7 but we speak God’s wisdom in a mystery, the hidden wisdom which God predestined before the ages to our glory;

8 the wisdom which none of the rulers of this age has understood; for if they had understood it they would not have crucified the Lord of glory;

10 For to us God revealed them through the Spirit; for the Spirit searches all things, even the depths of God.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    January 2012 WT Study edition on PDF pulled from JW.org website

Good. Now just delete the whole website and after that disband the WBT$!

How happifying!

• talesin
    talesin

it seems there's been a huge increase in requests from congregations for the Simple English edition and a reduced need for the regular study edition.

I think this is a WT lie Theocratic Warfare statistic that is skewed.

It seems likely that there have been more requests for the study edition, from 'worldly' people that read the newspapers. They've slit their own throats with their obfuscation and scurrilous attacks on those they choose to shun.

Now, the world has taken some interest, and they are operating on DEFCON4.

that opinion and 2 cents will buy you nothing. ;)

t

• bats in the belfry
    bats in the belfry

Q.: Is it just me, or do I see the page margins getting wider? And the amount of pictures more abundantly?

I surmise: They nothing much have to tell us anymore.
  • metatron
    metatron

Well, they change font size in the Kingdom Ministry because they have to fill a page and have little to say! That's been going on for a while.

Anyone think it might be 1984 in the Watchtower Fantasy-Land?

I say their mentally-challenged magazines are double plus ungood.

metatron

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

It reminds me of what we used to do in school when out essay had to be 3 pages and you only had two... widen margins, bigger font, extra spacing..

• agent zero
    agent zero

just a question, i could barely understand the german in the pdf, but is it really the articles themselves that are being simplified?? because i was under the impression from the opening post that only the layout was being modelled after the simplified edition.. which wouldnt be a big deal really.

also, i do think the new cover image with a little country profile on the inside cover is cool. slightly apologetic i know, but my just opinion.

A0

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa

The ONLY good thing I got out of being raised a JW was exposure to lots of good vocabulary and the reasonably complicated sentence struture of writing that was for adults.

Now they toss that out the window, too.

• Room 215
    Room 215

" No, you tell your readers that investing in a dictionary and thesaurus is a good thing and they'll be all the better off when they expand their vocabularies." Back in the day, they gave that sort of advice; no longer.

• Caminante
    Caminante

I believe the wider margins are there for the brothers to be able to note down stuff easier during the time they take to prepare for the study. I don't believe there will be shorter study articles than in the last 3 years. And changing from a layout based on Stone Serif/Sans to Palatino (URW Palladio)/Franklin Gothic is also a good move, since Palladio is a bit lighter than Stone Serif, thus even though there is a bit less space on the page for text, a lighter typeface compensates without disturbing the reader's eyes.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit