Secret Elders Meetings & Armaggedon Checklists from FDS ...

by Hairyhegoat 32 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

This is all funny because years and years ago I knew a new brother, very "into it" that made tribulation/armegeddon survival preparations, food, first aid , gallons of water........ Make a long story short, he was counseled for not relying on Jeh.

That's old school, Fred Franz stuff, that relying on Jehovah. The modern-day Borg relies on corporate attorneys and marketability. One of their key marketing strategies is to retain customers through fear. If "God's Organization" is telling people to gather survival gear then YOU KNOW our lives are in imminent danger!!!ZZZ#@!1 Better not even look outside of the ark/chariot/turnip-wagon.

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

There are indeed efforts once in a while for disaster preparedness but it's mainly for natural disasters. It's a checklist with stuff to have in your house gleaned from FEMA or any other government disaster organization, some elders go to the extreme and print one out for each member of the congregation as if it's "official".

Either way, there are NO plans whatsoever for Armageddon. I asked our COBOE (ex-Bethel) during one of our discussions about it and he said "Jehovah will take care of us, the Governing Body is not worried about it". Well, if they're not worried about it, neither am I. I am prepared for natural disasters in our area and everyone (JW or not) should have a first aid kit, blankets, torches, heating, sand bags, water, food and emergency communications depending on your area (does it get wet, cold, windy, nuclear, does it rip your house apart, ...). In winter I keep my car with a full tank of gas and the pantry stocked and I have emergency heating (wooden logs and coal) because it COULD happen once every other decade that both electric and gas goes out for several days and the snow is too high to go out. Also, keep a survival manual handy and read it because it's useful to know how to make clean water, retrieve survival items, cut down wood from a tree without hurting yourself, make a bow and spear, make a fire, insulate yourself with snow or what to do in case of a nuclear or natural disaster (it's not always good to go where it seems safe).

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

Late 74 or early 75, we buried a whole stack of JW literature and bibles under the shed floor of a house in Ballarat Victoria. The shed is still there and i bet the trash is still under the floor!

we were prepared for the persection and banning that was not to come!

oz

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit