Secret Elders Meetings & Armaggedon Checklists from FDS ...

by Hairyhegoat 32 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Hairyhegoat
    Hairyhegoat

Wobble

Yes only active jw's get a copy of the list. Me and you are marked on our fore head for destruction

Codswollop!!!!!!

HHG

• pontoon
    pontoon

This is all funny because years and years ago I knew a new brother, very "into it" that made tribulation/armegeddon survival preparations, food, first aid , gallons of water........ Make a long story short, he was counseled for not relying on Jeh.

• diamondiiz
    diamondiiz

Might be useful if financial system collapses but unfortunately there will not be Armageddon after the chaos.

• sherah
    sherah

In the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina, i remember an 'unofficial' list being passed out during a local needs part in my former congregation. It included all the things you would find on a Red Cross disaster list like blankets, waters, flashlights etc. Also, efforts were made to update addresses, phone numbers and emergency contact info for each publisher.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I thought there was checklist published (perhaps in the KM) for disaster preparedness. I do not recall this being specically mentioned as being for the Big A, but rather being prepared for the next hurricane or tornado or earthquake or flooding.

Radio with batteries.

Bottled water.

Non-perishable and canned food.

First aid kit.

Medication for life threatening illnesses.

Several bottles of good bourbon. (Oh, I think I may have added that to my personal list. That may be duplicated in Medication, but better to have too much than too little.)

Seems like there was even Special Need Talk on this.

So far, only have stored the bourbon stocked away. Keep forgetting to buy the other stuff.

DOC

• sabastious
    sabastious

I think there is more logic to support a notion that they wouldn't need anything during armageddon. After it's all said and done I don't think God would let his people die of thirst because they "didn't have enough water bottles."

-Sab

• AwareBeing
  • blondie
    blondie

***km5/07p.3Announcements***Bodies of elders should review the July 6, 2006, letter regarding disaster preparedness and ensure that they have up-to-date contact information for each publisher. In disaster-prone areas, additional emergency contact information should be obtained. Of course, in addition to emergency situations, it is helpful when publishers communicate with their Congregation Book Study overseer or another elder if they will be away for extended periods, such as when traveling on vacation or business, during a hospital stay, and so forth.

*** km 1/07 p. 4 Are You Prepared for a Natural Disaster? ***

1 Each year, millions of people around the world, including many of our brothers and sisters, are affected by earthquakes, tsunamis, monsoons, hurricanes, tornadoes, and floods. Since natural disasters occur unexpectedly and could affect any of us, it is the course of wisdom to be prepared.—Prov. 21:5.

2 In Advance: Sometimes the authorities are able to warn of impending disasters. It is important to pay attention to those warnings. (Prov. 22:3) In such situations the elders will try to contact all in the congregation to help them to make necessary preparations. After a disaster, the elders will also endeavor to contact all who are associated with the congregation to see if they are safe and to discern what assistance may be needed. Valuable time can be lost if the elders do not have up-to-date contact information. So it is good for publishers to keep the secretary and their book study overseer informed of their current address and telephone number(s).

3 If the congregation is located in a disaster-prone area, the elders may ask publishers to provide the name and telephone number of a relative or friend who does not live in the vicinity and who should be contacted in case of an emergency. This will enable the elders to locate those who have evacuated. The elders may also wish to develop a contingency plan for the congregation that includes such things as a simple checklist of emergency supplies to keep on hand, evacuation arrangements, and plans for assisting those with special needs. Cooperation with these loving arrangements is important.—Heb. 13:17.

4 After a Disaster: What should you do if a disaster strikes in your area? Make sure that your family’s immediate physical needs are cared for. As you are able, give necessary assistance to others who have been affected. Endeavor to contact your book study overseer or another elder as soon as possible. This should be done even if you are safe and do not need help. If you need assistance, be assured that your brothers are making every effort to help you. (1 Cor. 13:4, 7) Remember that Jehovah is aware of your situation; rely on him to sustain you. (Ps. 37:39; 62:8) Be alert to opportunities to provide spiritual and emotional support to others. (2 Cor. 1:3, 4) Resume your theocratic routine as soon as possible.—Matt. 6:33.

5 While the threat of disaster causes the world much anxiety, we can look to the future with confidence. Soon all disasters will be a thing of the past. (Rev. 21:4) In the meantime, we can take reasonable steps to prepare for times of trouble and difficulties as we maintain our zeal in declaring the good news to others.

*** g 9/07 p. 7 Is God Responsible? ***

The New York City Office of Emergency Management recommends that households plan for evacuation by assembling a “go bag”—a durable, accessible, easy-to-transport bag containing important emergency items. The following may be included:

? Copies of important documents in a waterproof container

? An extra set of car and house keys

? Credit or debit cards and cash

? Bottled water and nonperishable food

? Flashlight(s), AM/FM radio, cell phone (if you have one), extra batteries

? Medication for at least one week, a list of dosages, prescription slips, and doctors’ names and phone numbers. (Be sure to replace medications before their expiration date)

? First-aid kit

? Sturdy, comfortable shoes and rainwear

? Contact and meeting place information for your household, as well as a regional map

? Child-care supplies

[Footnote]

Although based on the official list, the above includes minor changes. Not every item listed may be suitable in your case or in your part of the world, and some items may have to be added. For example, seniors and the disabled have their own special needs.

*** g 2/07 p. 16 Living in the Shadow of a Slumbering Giant ***

BE PREPARED!

Are you ready for a natural disaster? Be aware of the risks in your area. Plan in advance where to meet if family members are separated and whom you will notify of your whereabouts. Keep emergency supplies on hand, including food and water, a first-aid kit, clothing, radios, waterproof flashlights, and spare batteries. Have enough so that you can be self-sufficient for several days.

----------------------------

Katrina proved to the WTS that they were not so organized as they thought. Many congregations did not have complete or accurate lists of members. Many evacuated or moved to areas and the WTS had no idea where they were.

It was not like Hurricane Andrew or the disaster years earlier in Hawaii. They also realized that Armaggedon was not the disaster to prepare for, but "ordinary" ones.

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Disaster Preparedness Information Form & Supply List-PDF * Click here to start download from sendspace * Nevada

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

There is a application download on Itunes for this list, but, you need the new Iphone to download it.

Just kidding.....Having a survival kit for a quick and safe exit is not a bad idea. The Canadian Government has also published an emergency survival kit. You can get it on the Service Canada Website.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit