And walk in it;
    Then you will find rest for your souls.
    But they said, ‘We will not walk in it.
    Also, I set watchmen over you, saying,

‘ Listen to the sound of the trumpet!’
    But they said, ‘We will not listen.’
    Therefore hear, you nations,
    And know, O congregation, what is among them. jeremiah 6:16-18

(the beast out of the sea is social/political "gospel"...the authority comes from "diplomacy"...the beast out of the earth is "pseudo religious"...the authority comes from the unconverted church)...revelation 13:1-18

love michelle

• still thinking
    still thinking

I liked your comment on this thread Jonathan Dough...seems like you agree with tec anyhow....LOL LOL

Post 30 of 1223
    Since 6/10/2009

Aren't you all missing an important point? No one has the original manuscripts. Who knows what they said? All we have are potentially flawed copies.

JD II

• still thinking
    still thinking

Yep excellent point myelaine...

(the beast out of the sea is social/political "gospel"...the authority comes from "diplomacy"...the beast out of the earth is "pseudo religious"...the authority comes from the unconverted church)...revelation 13:1-18

That is how I would describe you

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

<<Tammy asked you a question about 7 hours ago. can you tell her if her bridge is out?>>

Actually Tammy's question was both rhetorical and figurative ... and therfore quite unrelated to my original comment.

But of course, the answer to her lovely question is...It's in... praise God.

• tec
    tec

Praise God.

• myelaine
    myelaine

dear Tammy and Vander...

The United Nations doesn't work. why? because the majority of people believe that diplomacy works for reasonable people but not everyone in a leadership position is reasonable.

I think that you, Tammy are trying to bring "the nations" together with diplomacy...But Jesus kingdom is no part of this world and no one can be brought into it through diplomacy. Jesus said that you are brought into His eternal kingdom by believeing that He will bring you into it.

Vander, I think you are trying to bring Tammy into the kingdom by being diplomatic too...you have bought into the idea that you can bring people into the church by being diplomatic...but you can't bring anyone into the church...the Holy Spirit adds to the church.(acts 2:38,acts 2:47) He adds to the church by convicting people of what Jesus said: (john 8:24, john 6:47)

these ideas that "we" can somehow bring about the peace that surpasses understanding are anti-christ. (revelation 13:1-18)...Jesus alone is the Prince of Peace.(Isaiah 9:6-7), (acts 2:40)

I thank God for His mercy and love in bringing us this Ananias and Sapphira teaching "moment"...and obviously none of us would know what THAT is without the bible.(acts 5:4)

Vander, can you see how you can be likened to Ananias to Tammy's Sapphira and vice versa?

you must not swear by the gold(love) on the alter...but by the alter(Truth) itself...(matthew 23:17-22)

love michelle

• myelaine
    myelaine

p.s. if the nations/world leads you to believe in diplomacy you will in turn try and lead others to believe in diplomacy. if the person is led to believe in the Truth and is convicted of "the truth" by the Holy Spirit then they also have to lead other people to the Truth to be convicted of "the truth" by the Holy Spirit...revelation 13:9-10

• N.drew
    N.drew

The walking in the believing it will happen is exactly what the Watchtower Society does.

I don't know what diplomacy is and I can't remember what most people post from one day to another, but what I believe it is is "greater acts of faith" for overturning strongly entrenched things. It's hard to know who is doing it and who is being "worldly". How can you judge? Not that I want to. I don't even judge myself. That is what the poster means, I believe, when she said I leave it to Jesus.

• Terry
    Terry

Mormons are going to each have their own planet in the hereafter, Satan is Jesus' brother and American Indians are descended from the "Lost" tribe of Israel. Okaaaaay, if you say so.

All sorts of wonderful people are just nuts when it comes to FAITH and BELIEF.

There is nothing any of us can do about it either.

Crazy ideas disconnect us from reality; imaginary beliefs, ignorance, superstition can actually be crippling to our quality of life. Even though, inside our head, everything is beautiful!

When wonderful people with crazy ideas get together and share their lunacy it is called a lot of things. FAITH is one of them.

As long as we can be honest and kind and feed ourselves and our families that nuttiness won't bite anybody on the butt.

But, take those brainfarts too far into the real world and everything begins to unravel very fast!

Have all the FAITH you want in any crazy thing you desire and you will probably be just fine.

But, there is a REAL WORLD and it requires practical, rational thinking to keep it from eating you alive.

I suspect that is why delusional people seek the company of like-minded folk and call themselves "sheep."

Gods, devils, ghosts, spirits are leftover from primitive societal ignorance and fear.

But, they just don't go away that easily.

• N.drew
    N.drew

Wow that sounds like an insult. My imaginary friend won't be happy until there is no one who cries out to my imaginary friend because of pain and/or suffering. NO ONE.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit