Faith and the Bible

by tec 90 Replies latest jw friends

• tec
    tec

tec....I know what you mean about that small voice inside you...but do you mean that the small voice that tells you what is right is christ? Is he our conscience?

Oh... no. Or at least I don't recognize it as such yet. I don't think Christ is our conscience (even though I think loving Him and wanting to follow Him can speak to us as part of our conscience). I think He is more than that... but I don't really know/understand enough on this to speak with any kind of certainty. Can that small voice be Christ? Yes, I think so. But I don't think it always is. It would certainly depend on what was being 'said'. If it came from love, then perhaps - and either way acting out of love is a good thing. If it came from anything other than love, then no.

Peace,

Tammy

• tec
    tec

how people manage to make faith (basing ones life upon - to say the least - unproven, unprovable things) a virtue is beyond me.

Guess that (faith being a virtue) would depend on what you put your faith in, wouldn't it?

Most of us put our faith in something.

Peace,

Tammy

• tec
    tec

Lots of love to you too Watersprout. I'm sorry you're feeling so down, especially about your dog. How is Babysprout doing?

Feel better, and peace to you,

Tammy

• tec
    tec
    I really am not trying to stir things up, but there have been so many that have received answers, understanding, gifts of the spirit, etc.
    Just to name a few: Joseph Smith, William Miller, C.T. Russell, L.Ron Hubbard. As much as you can say that they did not truly have it, others can say that of you or anyone.

Of course!!! Which is why no one should follow ME. Just as no one should follow anyone else, other than Christ. Too many false teachers out there. If you're not sure who He is (due to all those muddied waters), then go directly to Him, yourself. If you can't hear him yet, or just don't have the faith for him at all, then follow love and mercy, and show forgiveness and do good to others.

If you have love in you, then He will see it. He has known people who haven't known him personally, before. That is even in the bible.

Peace to you,

Tammy

(oh, and thank you for getting this too, Still )

• still thinking
    still thinking

myelaine....Gandhi quote....what of this do you have a problem with?

Some of his comments on various religions are:

Thus if I could not accept Christianity either as a perfect, or the greatest religion, neither was I then convinced of Hinduism being such. Hindu defects were pressingly visible to me. If untouchability could be a part of Hinduism, it could but be a rotten part or an excrescence. I could not understand the raison d'être of a multitude of sects and castes. What was the meaning of saying that the Vedas were the inspired Word of God? If they were inspired, why not also the Bible and the Koran? As Christian friends were endeavouring to convert me, so were Muslim friends. Abdullah Seth had kept on inducing me to study Islam, and of course he had always something to say regarding its beauty. —Gandhi's autobiography
    As soon as we lose the moral basis, we cease to be religious. There is no such thing as religion over-riding morality. Man, for instance, cannot be untruthful, cruel or incontinent and claim to have God on his side.
    I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.
    God has no religion
  • tec
    tec

Sometimes telling it like it is...is the most loving thing one can do. If the bridge is out, it just might be helpful to know about it.

But the bridge isn't out, Vander, is it?

Peace,

Tammy

• watersprout
    watersprout
    Lots of love to you too Watersprout. I'm sorry you're feeling so down, especially about your dog. How is Babysprout doing?

She is ok thanks Tammy... Still very upset but she has stopped sleeping with nel's collar. She has been very busy lately, b'day sleepovers, brownie camp and brownie trips... She is that busy she has been spinning in circles lol!

Feel better, and peace to you,

I feel much better today thank you... Going to post later just off to the school run.

Peace to you my sister and I hope you and your brood are ok?

• tec
    tec

I'm glad both of you are doing better. My brood is doing pretty good, thank you.

Lots of love and peace to you and your family,

Tammy -

who is off to let her boy play WoW for the rest of the day! (holiday here)

• myelaine
    myelaine

dear Tammy...

I formed my questions in such a way as to only require a yes or no answer.

the scripture in john 8:24 says "Therefore I said to YOU that YOU will die in YOUR sins; for if YOU do not believe that I am He, YOU will die in YOUR sins."...?"...are words that Jesus said and I was asking for YOUR answer...

"do YOU believe this is true for YOU...and that is why YOU put YOUR faith in Jesus?"...your answer is, "I don't do it to save my life - my life belongs to him, whatever he chooses to do with it. I just do it because I love Him, and I follow Him for the same reason."...why is it so hard for you to say yes and yes?

you said: "But if you think that I am going to condemn anyone by my words... then you are mistaken"...let's talk about YOU...John 3:16-18...

you said: "Like I said, He said a lot of things. Love and mercy being of utmost importance."...isn't truth of utmost importance?

you said: "Yes, those who believe in and belong to Christ have eternal life in Him"...but you don't BELIEVE that He saves you...it's just a possibility.

you said: "I do trust Him entirely."...then why is it so hard for you to say yes and yes?...is it because it means that YOU would have to believe the same thing for everyone else and YOU don't think that is loving and merciful?...what is of utmost importance: love and mercy or truth?...what does the Holy Spirit say to you about this?

love michelle

• myelaine
    myelaine

dear vander...

Tammy asked you a question about 7 hours ago. can you tell her if her bridge is out?

love michelle

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit