Heresy of the Month

by thinker 87 Replies latest watchtower bible

• larc
    larc

Brothern and Cistern,

Our thread nearly died on us, but through my special healin' powers I brought back for those new sheep in the flock.

Thinker, you back slidden' sinner, where have you been. I can't leave anything in your hands when I'm out on a four week drunk....er.. I mean partaken' of the bread and wine.

• mommy
    mommy

Larc,
    ROFLOL! Thanx
    For all the newbies start with page one and....ENJOY!
    wendy

• thinkers wife
    thinkers wife

Larc,
    I'll thank you to keep a civil tongue in your head. Thinker has not back slid. He has been taking care of very important Family matters. These daily baptisms take up a lot of time. And you know what the scriptures say about taking care of your family first. So behave yourself!!! Don't chastise before you know all the facts.
    Together I think you and Thinker are a dynamic duo. So let's get this show back on the road. Do your research and add to the light!!!!!
    TW

• thinker
    thinker

Don't believe her larc. It's the post-baptimals that are TW's main concern.

• thinker
    thinker

As you may know, Fred Hall has started a new forum for anti-apostates. I felt it was only fitting that the Leaning Tower Bath and Shower Society have a forum too. Heres the link. Don't forget to book mark.
    http://www.coolboard.com/boardshow.cfm?mb=69813542659882

Stay clean, have fun and go lean!

• somebody
    somebody

This thread is great! mommy, as you said, I'm happy to see it "resurrected" too. I'm not a newbie, but took some time off and missed it! I enjoyed it with the newbies and it was all worth printing!
    You are all a great bunch of people. Although I don't have the time to jump in very often, I read as much as I can and learn from everybody here. Thank you all.

:-)
    peace,
    somebody

• larc
    larc

New Ones,

You are duely edified.

• thinker
    thinker

Leaning Tower Bath and Shower Society
    Leaning Tower "April Showers Edition" April 2001

I wrote a post that was quickly "buried".
    Thought I'd take the opportunity to put it here as well. Hope no one minds.

Thomas Jefferson said of Jesus's teachings:
    "They have been still more disfigured by the corruptions of schismatizing followers, who have found an interest in sophisticating and perverting the simple doctrines he taught, by engrafting on them the mysticisms of a Grecian sophist, frittering them into subtleties, and obscuring them with jargon, until they have caused good men to reject the whole in disgust, and to view Jesus himself as an impostor. " (from Jefferson's Syllabus of an Estimate of the
    Merit of the Doctrines of Jesus,
    Compared with Those of Others)

I started to think about where my thoughts on the Bible came from. My basic thoughts on it are contained in the most important biblical characters words (Jesus) from his most "formal" sermon, the sermon on the mount.
    I'm sure many can find scripture to prove alot of different things that they believe in. But for me, this says it all.

Blessed are:
    the poor in spirit
    they that mourn
    the meek
    they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness
    the merciful
    the pure in heart
    the peacemakers
    they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake

Mat5:43 Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy. Mat5:44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; Mat5:45 That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust. Mat5:46 For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same? Mat5:47 And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others?

(How could anyone possible read this and then shun someone ??!!)

Mat6:6 But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.

(To me this says: "Build a one-on-one relationship with God", Jehovah, Yahweh, etc...)

Mat7:1 Judge not, that ye be not judged. Mat7:2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

Mat7:7 Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you: Mat7:8 For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.

(ANYONE can have a relationship with Him. No need for interpreters, governing bodies, etc...)

Mat7:15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves. Mat7:16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Mat7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? Mat7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

(Works are nice, but it's whats in your heart that counts)

thinker

• larc
    larc

For the newbies,

Enjoy

• thinkers wife
    thinkers wife

Thanks Larc,
    Was just thinking about this thread yesterday!
    TW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit