What is BELIEF ?

by EdenOne 233 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• truthseeker100
    truthseeker100
    190 posts. Well eden do you know what belief is?
  • azor
    azor

I hope this nonsense is in the private forum. I have only been here a few months and the trifling over words could easily prevent someone that is brand new away from this site. And away from the wonderful resource of knowledge and wisdom here.

Cofty and Viviane and others with your viewpoint why bother engaging eden one and outlaw? It seems like you give credibility to a subject that doesn't merit it. A duplicate in essence of the last one on absentheism.

I like eden one and outlaw as well and believe they bring humor and a different outlook, but seem petulant at least to me with posts like this that get overly personal with topics like this that are quite out there to begin with.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

If you like I could list loads of threads I have started that refute the god of christianity with objective evidence.....Cofty

Why would I want to read the same Repetitive Nonsense?..

You spend your days Endlessly Battling an Imaginary God with Super Powers..

Why not go after Superman?..

He`s Imaginary,He`s got Super Powers,he`s Not doing Shit to Save the World..LOL!!!!!!..

Now you are being challenged to define "god".....Cofty

You want me to define God??!!......Something I`ve repeatedly told you I don`t believe in..

LOL!!..

To my Knowledge what you want defined,doesn`t exist.......So it can`t be defined..

There is absolutely No Evidence of God either way....No One on the Planet has ever Provided Proof..Or..

Scientists and News Agencys from Around the World,would have Beaten a Path to Their Door..

Instead of Providing me Proof for the Non Existence of God..

How about some News Video Footage or News Paper Headlines..

Of the "MOST IMPORTANT DISCOVERY IN THE HISTORY OF MANKIND".....Made By You............??????..

You Must Have It Right?..

Probably Even Awards from Multiple Government Agencys..?????

• pressman
    pressman
    I believe all of you should just stop fighting like a bunch of hard little fat headed babies and work together and bundle up the courage to truly believe in the one true Lord. it pains me to see all of you who are deluded into thinking that Christ's father is non existent. but then I guess that's what jw.org does to you.
  • OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I believe all of you should just stop fighting like a bunch of hard little fat headed babies and work together and bundle up the courage to truly believe in the one true Lord.....pressman

LOL!!@pressman!!..

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

@ pressman, "...bundle up the courage to truly believe in the one true Lord."

For many it takes courage to be an atheist. Nothing expected out of the Universe. No egocentric beliefs that you will be rewarded for eternity for going through a submission ritual.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot
    On a side note a correction to one of my posts. I said that "belief" was an intellectual desire. I should have said an "emotional and intellectual desire".
  • azor
    azor
    Pressman - go to a theist site and see how much discord and disagreements exist. I lost count of how many Christian denominations there are. I refuse to stick my fingers in my ears and say la la la when I hear something I don't like. Even though people like you pressure me to do so.
  • Viviane
    Viviane
    Viviane, it was you who started this nonsensical polemic of asking me to define god.

No, I asked you a question about a platitude you asserted, namely, that without evidence we lack knowledge. You said this was true of atheists and deities.

As you've demonstrated, your platitude ISN'T true. Until you define what it is you are talking about, you cannot possibly assert that anyone lacks knowledge of it. As it so happens, no one can define any particular deity without contradicting themselves or admitting they've no idea what they are actually talking about, as you've demonstrated by failing to come up with any working definition for even the most simple deity you could imagine to even determine what could possibly be known about it.

Your entire argument is in shambles.

Since you were oblivious to what I wrote, I decided to oblige and make up a god for you

Or, you didn't think your argument through and realize I was leading you to the destruction of your own argument.

Naturally, this isn't what I was asking in my OP. But since you insisted in taking the thread in this direction, so be it.

Far from insisting, I led you with a gentle tug on the reins.

If an atheist has lack of evidence and evidence against, but no affirmative evidence of the inexistence of god ( because logically one can't prove a negative) what can he know about a given deity?

EVERYONE has a lack of evidence about any deity. You seem to have a problem with people rational enough to realize it.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    You guys are still talking about this?? Oy vey... I'm going to bed lol

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit