Did you have any Elders CO's/DO's that were "Hung up" on certain things????

by karter 63 Replies latest jw friends

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

@MrMonroe:

2. There was an old dude in one congregation who, when giving the Godly View of Sex and Marriage talk, said it was a good idea not to have chocolates or spices, or worcestershire sauce, before bed. "It will irritate the body openings and you will want to comfort yourself." He said brothers should sleep with their arms and hands out of the blankets so they didn't comfort themselves.

LOL.. wtf? I don't think I could actually sit through that without laughing.. holy cow...

• still thinking
    still thinking

Wish I'd been at THAT talk....LOL

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

obsessed with the length of sisters skirts and their low-cut tops.

We had a DO who referred to BOW-WOW blouses at the Cir Assm.

Blouses where the sister would BOW, and everyone would say WOW.....

(Personally, I lke boobies!)

DOC

• life is to short
    life is to short

DesirousOfChange

We must have had the same DO, he spent about an hour one Saturday at a Cir Assembly on the same subject. I was thinking what the heck why is he dwelling on this. It was truly creepy. That aside when I talked to him about the three pedophile he was admit that NO ONE BE TOLD IN THE HALL THAT THERE WERE THREE PEDOPHILES.

Anywho

LITS

• 00DAD
    00DAD

When I first was an elder in the '90s there was a nearby congregation (Woodley Park, CA) that wouldn't let visiting speakers give a talk unless they had on a white shirt.

If the speaker didn't have on a white shirt and/or "didn't know" it was OK because they kept a supply of freshly laundered white dress shirts in various sizes on-hand for just such an emergency!

I found out about this AFTER I gave a talk in that hall. I guess I must've had on a white shirt because no one said anything. When I found out I wished I had on a blue shirt, or a striped shirt or anything other than white.

So ridiculous.

One time when our circuit was doing some maintenance at the local assembly hall the man that was the PO of that congregation at the time told me that all the brothers in his hall bowed down to him. Never could quite figure out why he told me this. But I do remember telling him that I bow down to no man. For some strange reason he got really mad at me!

Go figure, what an idiot.

• Shador
    Shador
    When I first was an elder in the '90s there was a nearby congregation (Woodley Park, CA) that wouldn't let visiting speakers give a talk unless they had on a white shirt.
    If the speaker didn't have on a white shirt and/or "didn't know" it was OK because they kept a supply of freshly laundered white dress shirts in various sizes on-hand for just such an emergency!
    I found out about this AFTER I gave a talk in that hall. I guess I must've had on a white shirt because no one said anything. When I found out I wished I had on a blue shirt, or a striped shirt or anything other than white.

I heard about something like this too, though I don't remember where. Supposedly it was corrected (I doubt permanantly) when a CO with a little sense left showed up. He wore non-white shirts for his talks. You bet your ass no one gave him a white shirt or said a damn thing. Maybe that last bit happend, maybe not. Gotta love those JW urban legends.

• karter
    karter

Lifes to short.

More worryed about BOOBIES then PEDOPHLIES...a truley sick man.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

DOC: We had a DO who referred to BOW-WOW blouses at the Cir Assm. Blouses where the sister would BOW, and everyone would say WOW.....

LifeIsTooShort: We must have had the same DO, he spent about an hour one Saturday at a Cir Assembly on the same subject. I was thinking what the heck why is he dwelling on this.

LITS: I think this was the same guy who went on and on with an extremely explicit talk about (not) practicing sexual perversions -- oral &/or anal sex.....explaining the real term for this is SODOMY (from SODOM and Gomorrah). Then he asks: Brothers & sisters, would you really want your Christian mate to commit sodomy with you?? Fortunately, there was no display of hands required.

I wondered how many sitting there secretly wanted to jump up and shout: HELL YES!

Many of us rationalized that once you got enough experience at it, you could no longer be considered quilty of practicing it.

DOC

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer

DOC said, "Many of us rationalized that once you got enough experience at it, you could no longer be considered quilty of practicing it."

How funny!

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

How did I miss 00DAD's comment? I was in that piece of crap congregation and yes, White shirts was a must.

Yes that PO was a real ass. He expected all the elders to kiss his ass. Most did until I got there. He was so mad at me that he started writing letters to the CO because in his words, "I was causing divisions in the congregation and in the family." No one took him serious

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit