Did you have any Elders CO's/DO's that were "Hung up" on certain things????

by karter 63 Replies latest jw friends

• karter
    karter

We had an Elder that was hung up on mens haircuts he had a real thing about how short mens hair should be and even told one Bro off for parting his hair down the middle.

Even told one bro to shave off his sideburns.

A C.O who was paronoid about sound always telling the bro in charge off.

A D.O who orded the attendants to remove crying babys from assemblys on more than a few occations...Hans hubler for those that know him.

• RagingBull
    RagingBull

We had one C.O. that was always worried about how sisters were dressed and the length and placement of "slits" in dresses or skirts. I guess he was warring with the fleshly desires since his wife dressed like Ms. Garrett (Facts of Life). hahahahaa

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

Br Freeman who claimed to be anointed. Did an intence hate talk on the Titanic movie, and the dress of women was a biggy!! His daughter DF and he shuns her! He in in NYC now prob be on the BG some day.... has the self rightous aditude to fit

• nateb
    nateb

Some had weird laws about the sisters' footwear and hosiery. Looking back, it does kinda make you wonder.

• Shador
    Shador

Found Sheep - you have a PM.

• blondie
    blondie

I remember the older brother who had a flattop haircut and had one for years and weathered the hippy years when they were concerned about sideburns and length of hair. After 30 years with the same haircut, he was told his hear was too short............

We had one CO come through and complain about 1) opened toed sandals without nylons (!!!!!) and 2) denim skirts. He even complained about the pioneers using their bikes in field service.

• designs
    designs

Sideburns, mustaches, flared pants, colored dress shirts were NoNos for the brothers. Hose Yes, and toerings No for the sisters.

• jam
    jam

When you come to A stop sign, come to A complete stop(car)

and wait 5 seconds before you precede. I guess it,s A good

idea, but he would count. That drove me crazy, one thousand

and one, one thousand and two and etc.

• karter
    karter

One D.O was totley hung up on sisters wereing stockings wile doing a demo on stage....He even thanked them for doing so after.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

I told the CO I was gonna give a public talk. He said "You're gonna cut your hair right?" I always wore a fade that wasn't too long. He would probably scream if he saw my hair now...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit