I told the baptist church pastor that I'm gay!

by TimothyT 90 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• TimothyT
    TimothyT

His reaction wasnt as liberal as i hoped it would be.

He said that we needed to discuss it. However, gone are the days where im putting myself in the firing line and not sticking up for myself. I will happily go and speak to him and tell him that i simply want is a church where i can: 1. be accepted and 2. enjoy spiritual sermons and discussion. Naturaly, my homosexuality is not something that im going to flaunt in front of others. I simply want somewhere where i can be encouraged regardless of who i am. Im not being pushed around though like i was before with the JWs!

This could end in 2 ways:

• He says to me that im always welcome as long as I dont do anything innapropriate (that's fine by me), in which case i will stay with the baptists.
    • He says something to me which makes me feel like im being judged (yet again), in which case i leave and (for the second church in my life) never go back.

Is it too much to ask to go someone sincerely with an open heart and as a decent person, and not feel like people are looking at you like you some sort of pervert or sicko??? (GROANS!!!)

Timmy xxx

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

You'll probably discover that The Episcopal Church will be more welcoming.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Episcopal_Church_%28United_States%29#On_gender_and_sexuality

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

You have to think realistically, when you want to become a member of a Christian based faith in that your obviously are going to receive

negative feed back, not just from the Church leaders but also by the congregation itself, once you've been identified as being homosexual.

Nevertheless there are certain Churches usually found in large cities where you might find accepting homosexuals, I've even heard

of some who actually have an openly gay minister or at least have a lot of congregates who are openly gay.

If there is a social center for gay people in your community, that would be the place where you could find out where these Churches are.

• laverite
    laverite

Oh my.

There are really cool churches out there. The United Church of Christ, UU, Metropolitcan Community Church (didn't they recently change their name???), etc. etc. But not sure what country you are in...Access to these churches may be an issue depending on where you are. I'm posting from the US but I previously lived in England.

What made you think the Baptists would be affirming of LGBTQIs?

Hugs and much love to you,

-LV

• nateb
    nateb

You're finding out that the Witnesses aren't the only messed up religion out there. They're all about the same in the end. We're just more closely acquainted with the Witness brand of judgmentalism and bigotry. In time I hope that you find that you don't need any religion at all to be a happy fulfilled man. It's enough to belong to the congregation of humanity.

• laverite
    laverite

BTW, the daycare I sent my kids to (now my youngest is in a preschool) was an awesome church-based daycare (Lutheran). What was so awesome about it was that we had lots of LGBT families who chose it. I'm a gay dad. The church had a gay youth group and they also hosted PFLAG. Very affirming. The daycare always taught the kids that some kids have a daddy and a mommy, some kids have two daddies, some kids....etc. It was a wonderful experience and very affirming.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Why do you need church at all?

• nateb
    nateb

Know what makes the church groups that you're decribing so great, laverite? They're highly secularized. They've distanced themselves so far from the hatred and bigotry taught by the Judeo-Christian bible that they are able to act like compassionate beings.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Good Morning Tim.

I`m sitting here laughing..What did you expect?..

You went to a Baptist Church!..LOL!!..

That's friggin Hilarious..

That's like a Black Person trying to join the KKK..

Do some research before you try your next church..Google is your friend..

Good Luck..

.......................;-)...OUTLAW

• nateb
    nateb

You should maybe look into the Church of the Poison Mind.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit