Elders want to meet with us, help!

by All for show 34 Replies latest jw friends

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

January 2015, JW TV on Higher Education.

Here are a few "spiritual gems" that fell out of the mouth (or some orifice) of Anthony Morris, the Turd:

"Higher learning can easily influence thinking and attitudes."

Duh! Isn't that the idea? One can only hope!

"The better the university, the greater the danger!"

WTF?!? The only "danger" is that a person will learn that they are in a dangerous, mind-control cult!

"The most intelligent and eloquent professors will be trying to reshape the thinking of your child and their influence can be tremendous."

Again, one can only hope!

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

I haven't read through all the comments on this topic, but this stood out to me:

Basically alluding we are TALKING AGAINST the GB from the Feb broadcast against college...

I find it amazing that Christ said it would be forgiven if someone spoke against the Son (Matt 12:31), but speaking against the GB is wrong? That puts them in the same position as the Holy Spirit, doesn't it?

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway
    ...yeah, cuz it's a cult!!
  • sunny23
    sunny23

Disagreeing with the Governing Body is equivalent to disagreeing with Jehovah God. Here is proof: WT Obedience Quotes

If you need to stay in the religion and maintain appearances then show a complete submissive attitude to the elders, align your thoughts and actions with them when in their presence and keep your personal opinions to yourself! Be careful.

However I do applaud you for what permanent positive impact you two may have had on the younger people you spoke to in order to encourage them to go to college. Perhaps in the future it will seem less persuasive of you to instead ask thought provoking questions and get other JW's to think critically rather than offer advice directly counter to WT teachings.

• Sofia Lose
    Sofia Lose

His dare they discredit college when on our dime they have sent and continue to send bethelites to college to get law degrees and other schooling necessary to serve them???!!! HYPOCRITE JERKS!!!

SL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit