Things that made you cringe at "the meetings"

by i_drank_the_wine 47 Replies latest jw friends

• Chemical Emotions
    Chemical Emotions

Watching parents feed their kids candy to keep them qiuet...but that was mostly becuase I wanted candy too.

• erbie
    erbie

All the Ministry School nonsense about being a good speaker and so on as if it justifies and gives credibility to the lies and deceptive nature of the message.

• Reality79
    Reality79

When they used to show the society's tapes/movies/DVDs whatever at the kingdumb hell.

If I wanna see movies, there's a cinema nearby dammit!

• nugget
    nugget

long prayers, long songs, long answers, long talks and clapping all the clapping it woke me up.

• ssn587
    ssn587

There was one sister in the congregation that i used to attend, that always answered then mentioned something else to follow later in the study. like who gave a crap. she always did that and i found it to be very annoying.

• highdose
    highdose

in the hall i was in an elder once gave the cringe worthy talk about puberty. and then proceeded to name all the girls ( not the boys just the girls) in the hall who would or were shortly to start this stage of life.

Now that dosn't sound to bad when your an adult but when your 12 and just starting to grow up and an elder on the platform annouces to a cong of 80+ that YOU are about to start growing tits and getting periods .... let me tell you, you just want the ground to open up and swallow you whole!

• charlie brown jr.
    charlie brown jr.

Sorry I didn't read every post................

but did anyone feel like me??????

Things that made you cringe at "the meetings"

walking in the front door!

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

Any talk on marriage and how much better JW's families are compaired to "worldly" ones.... As I sat next to my "to be ex" crappy husband!!FS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit