So then, which publication did you HATE by the society?

by TimothyT 38 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• designs
    designs

Hated- Revelation Climax.....Mr. Roger's on LSD

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Was it the 'Life' brochure that was a dumbed down?

If this is the one I'm thinking of it was difficult to study because of the following.

Statement: Adam was a soul.

Followed by: Animals are souls.

To a Brit that was hilarious because it sounded like Animals Arseholes!

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

The Revalation book had some interesting points {10%} the rest was total Watchtower Bullsh#t! "The 3rd angel represents when Rutherford was imprisoned blah blah the fourth angel was when Rutherford had gall stones blah blah faithful slave......I think likes the apostle who wrote it the bethel writer was smoking some hash!

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

PUNKOFNICE - LOL!! Animals are souls... That is funny..

• Nobleheart
    Nobleheart

1) Keep yourself in God's love

2) The book about the 12 minor prophets, "Jehovah's day" was really boring

3) Isaiah's prophecy parts 1 & 2...same lessons over and over, they might as well have done a brochure on that.

• sir82
    sir82

Isaiah books, Volumes 1 & 2. Not even close.

In case you didn't read them, I can sum up all 500+ pages in one sentence and save you the torture of reading it:

Every word that is written in the book of Isaiah has its fulfillment in the "faithful and discreet slave".

• Chemical Emotions
    Chemical Emotions

Hmm. The God's Love book WAS pretty bad, the more I think about it.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

My Book of Bible Stories - Why did I hate it? Well because the "artwork" was so embarrassingly bad. Seriously, what were they thinking when the let that one out the door?

Proving that the only taste some people have is in their mouth.

• Iconoclast
    Iconoclast

Anything that covered anything to do with sex or masterbation. UGGHHH!!! I hated those studies. I remember a few years ago there was a Watchtower article on sex and oral sex came up in one of the paragraphs. The elder doing the study is this really oldschool guy so he asked the question, "Just to be absolutely clear, is oral sex permitted by bible standards?" Crickets. Then this old crotchety woman, the kind that hasn't had sex since Russell was alive, raises her hand and boldly condemns the "immoral practice." All the young people were looking at thier feet.

I think that was the most interesting watchtower I've studied, now that I think of it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit