I Called the Headquarters About the "Slaughter of Apostates" Quote

by DT 59 Replies latest jw friends

• Quendi
    Quendi

I will be following this thread with great interest. Thanks again, DT, for sharing.

Quendi

• ziddina
    ziddina

T.R. Hobbs, right?

I looked him up on the internet, and couldn't find much about him except that he's the author of several books analysing the bible.

No info on his level of education, where he was educated, nothing...

• Heaven
    Heaven

Is this in the public edition and if so, why would they think this kind of thing would make anyone want to join?

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse
    Is this in the public edition

Of course not. Even they are not that stupid.

• nugget
    nugget

Although it has been fun to play with the witnesses over the last week, I have been disturbed by the overall attitude displayed. It has been one of arrogant condemnation. You could imagine them willingly attacking those they see as opposers with minimal encouragement. All these images and articles serve to reinforce stereotypes and raise the level of paranoia it is tragic.

• irondork
    irondork

tagged

• betterdaze
    betterdaze

The Personal Web Page of Ray Hobbs
    Author, Lecturer and Generally Nice Guy

Meet Ray Hobbs

T.R. (Ray) Hobbs was born in Pontypridd Wales, in 1942, and is a Canadian citizen. He is an author of three books and several articles on Theological and Biblical subjects, with special emphasis on the social and cultural background to the Old and New Testaments.

Ray received his education at the University of London (B.D., Ph.D.) at the University of Zürich, Switzerland (three years’ postgraduate study) and at the International Theological Seminary, Rüschlikon, Switzerland (M.Th.)

From 1969 until 1995 he taught at McMaster Divinity College and McMaster University, Hamilton, where he was Professor of Hebrew and Old Testament Interpretation. From January 1996 until June 1998 he was professor of Old Testament at the International Theological Seminary, Prague, The Czech Republic. Since 1998 he has enjoyed an early retirement from ‘regular’ work, but writes much and lectures occasionally at McMaster University and elsewhere.

Ray’s special interest is in ancient military history, especially as it applies to Old and New Testament interpretation.

(E-mail address at link.)

• ziddina
    ziddina

Thanks, Better Daze!!

No wonder I couldn't find it...

He goes by "Ray", instead of T.R....

• erbie
    erbie

As if they haven't dug themselves in to a big enough hole they're still digging!

Someone lend them a JCB or a CAT.

They must be driven by their own arrogance.

• DT
    DT

I got the book from interlibrary loan. I will post the context in the next post so that it is at the top of a page.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit