I Called the Headquarters About the "Slaughter of Apostates" Quote

by DT 59 Replies latest jw friends

• LoneWolf
    LoneWolf

LOL, DT! Depends on where they got it! They may not want you to know!

Do you remember the Babylon the Great book? We went through it two or three times in Book Study. I got interested in some of the side-lights and looked up some of the references they quoted, and in fact, I bought some of them, such as Ancient Fragments by I. P. Cory. The only place I could find it was The Wizard's Bookshelf, and yep! You guessed it! They specialize in occult publications.

I've been laughing about that ever since!

Tom

• Glander
    Glander

"... Today, no servant of Jehovah uses physical force against opponents of pure worship. “Vengeance is mine,” God says..."

To inject this lame disclaimer into the middle of a bloodthirsty-toned diatribe showing how God Himself deals with apostates is such an obvious "wink, wink, nudge, nudge" it's stupid. "Implied threat" is so true.

This paragraph from the WT absolutely belongs alongside the "mentally deseased" discussion that is currently in the press.

• shamus100
    shamus100

Keep it up, Watchtower. Tell everyone how you really feel.

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

Marking for later.

BTW - what did the cat do in the picture posted to be destroyed? It's owners were "worldly" so it gets destroyed? Collateral damage? Community responsibility? LOL

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

If all it's going to take to ruin one's faith is exposure to someone whose faith is different, particularly those who were once of your faith, it is a pretty lame excuse for "faith". And killing those who left the faith, perhaps because of a blatant contradiction between a doctrine and their own Bible, is pretty much a threat to scare others into staying in a bad faith. The Bible refers to an incident where people did more than leave the faith. They actually rebelled, revolted--and we all know what happens when a tyranny runs into rebellion. They fight back, by slaughtering those who rebel against the tyranny.

I hope one day the Washtowel Slaveholdery gets busted for conspiracy to hurt someone as a hate crime, or conspiracy to murder as a hate crime.

• discreetslave
    discreetslave

What I want to know is why they need to use the works of Bible scholars? They say they are God's sole channel, they say holy spirit directs them, they came out with new light about anointed ones like crazy Freddy revealing things to them. So why use the works of men who don't believe their crap?

Why the hell did I not ask myself these questons years ago!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• DT
    DT

"What I want to know is why they need to use the works of Bible scholars?"

I think they just couldn't resist using a phrase like "slaughter of apostates", but they wanted to be able to say it was a quote in an effort to avoid legal problems. The phrase isn't in the Bible so they had to resort to using a BIble scholar.

I have emailed the author and asked him if he would like to comment on how the Watchtower Society has used his words.

• Greybeard
    Greybeard

"I have emailed the author and asked him if he would like to comment on how the Watchtower Society has used his words."

GREAT IDEA! I can't wait to hear what he has to say!!!

• DT
    DT

I just hope that he received the email. Since it contained some vile quotes from the Watchtower, I'm a liitle concerned it might have been marked as spam or maybe flagged by homeland security.

• RagingBull
    RagingBull

Weird how they'll use old shyt to reference, but when you bring up the "old light" even if something was published a decade or so by the WT, its "Oh, well, that's different because our understanding became more clear."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit