It's official, the internet IS the Watchtower's nemesis!

by cedars 40 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• cedars
    cedars

Thanks Franklin, I understand your reason for caution. I will try to proofread my posts more thoroughly next time!

Cedars

• sd-7
    sd-7

The key here is, that empirically speaking, if you are less likely to be literate, less likely to have large access to information that say, the Internet provides, the more susceptible you'll be to any use of mind control and any use of information control. I think that's what these statistics are saying. Certainly not that everyone who is not in an affluent country is stupid (and hey, there are plenty of people in the U.S. who just use the Internet to play fart games instead of do actual research, so that doesn't necessarily mean anything)--and indeed even smart people can be fooled in the same way, after all--but that if they have less access to information, it makes them more vulnerable.

Information is the Watchtower's nemesis. It's a war of information. And the more information people have, the more likely the Watchtower will lose. Making the bars of their mental prison stronger is their only chance of continued survival.

--sd-7

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Of course, it's difficult to do a blanket global study, because the Society don't publish precise figures for 30 "Other Lands" where preaching is done under governmental ban. However, the average 2010 percentage of increase for these countries bucked the global trend at 14.3% growth.

Did you happen to run the overall %increase (peak and average) numbers EXcluding those 30 other lands? If they're showing a 14.3% growth and their numbers are being counted in the overall totals, that's bound to skew the Borg's growth even higher, isn't it? I'm curious what the growth of the organization looks like without those 30 countries at 14.3% growth.

BTW, do you have a scan of the worldwide reports from 2009 and 2010?

• cedars
    cedars

Mad Sweeney - that's a good point. The 2.5% global increase INCLUDES the 14.3% growth in "other lands". It would be interesting to see a revised figure with "other lands" omitted.

Another interesting theory is that the "other lands" figure is purely fictitious, and is inflated by the Society if their growth results are negative.

I don't have a scan of the results, I just have the yearbooks in hard copy. If you PM me your email I can try scanning and emailing them to you if you want to investigate this subject further?

Cedars

• discreetslave
    discreetslave

I've heard it said among JW's that the internet is like people returning to Babel. Everyone can now communicate thanks to the WWWeb. Satan is helping people to unite against his organization. So the internet and the use of it by apostates is part of Satan's scheme to attack Jehovah's people.

• cedars
    cedars

discreetslave - I've never heard the internet likened to Babel before, but I can well imagine that analogy being used by the Society in their efforts to impugn any avenue of knowledge.

If my memory of Josephus serves me correctly, the tower of Babel was built by Nimrod as an act of defiance against God because of the flood. His idea was to build a tower so high that any future deluge would not be able to consume it. It was basically intended as a means of avoiding a future apocalypse, rather than simply an innocent attempt at building an ancient skyscraper for the sake of it. I'm not sure that similar motives could be levelled at those who surf the net.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Cedars - you obviously have far too much time on your hands

Great initial analysis, we might well be seeing the destruction of this cult and religion in general thanks to the information age!!

• Scully
    Scully

I'm LMAO that the WTS actually used the term "junkie" in its Literatureā„¢.

Man, they're really reaching - trying to get JWs to believe that any internet use is going to turn you into an addict.

• nugget
    nugget

Cedars it is too early to establish a correlation since % increase may be due to other factors, e.g. US territory is mature and people have heard the message and rejected it whereas India the territory is worked less frequently.

Economic factors may also be an influence with poorer and less well off people being more attracted to the message of paradise than well off.

Whilst it is true that the internet gives access to information and support and nothing is hidden it cannot be taken on it's own.

• talesin
    talesin

haven't read the thread,,, will do so later, but wanted to say,

CEDARS

glad you're back, and WOW, you have gotten the ball rolling, and I am so very proud of you~!!!!

xx

tal

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit