New Literature Arrangement

by Quarterback 36 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Uh Oh---they are tightening their grip on the study edition! The end must be REALLY close.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Uh Oh---they are tightening their grip on the study edition! The end must be REALLY close.

From now on you will have to attend if you are to get the Memo about "the day and the hour" (or at least the year).

DOC

• sir82
    sir82

"Just recently"?

It's been about 2 years since that has been in effect.

• St George of England
    St George of England

This arrangement started a couple of years ago in the US. It has been implemented in the UK since 1 September 2011.

If congregations share a KH then a common supply of Public WT's and Awakes is set up on the magazine desk for publishers to help themselves, taking just what they need for that particular week. Any unused magazines in good condition may be returned.

It is a cost cutting exercise.

George

• baltar447
    baltar447

coc - it was being done this way for over a year last we attended up to a few months ago.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

No Kidding? They are really 'distributing' the Watchtower articles now in the same manner as the KM?

Wow. Can you say paranoia three times without giggling?

Jeff

• ziddina
    ziddina

Well, the PDF site for obtaining the latest "study" version of the Watchtower - and latest Awake version - is still up and running...

• Shador
    Shador

Yes, as a current Mag servant, I can say that this has been going on for quite some time now in the US. In fact, just last month, in our congregation, ALL personal copies (public and private) are now given through your Group Overseer (this apparently was an option in the original letter). Copies for use in field service are still self-serve, though.

It does strike me as odd that they go through such rigamarole to keep the physical copy of the "study edition" private, then make it available to the general public anyway on the website.

• MommieTiger
    MommieTiger

Betcha its for some legal reason... Its all about COA. ....if its privately distributed, it may not be considered public domaine or something like that....can't be held liable for private writings... So then one could call some 'mentally diseased' with no legal ramifications. This is just a thought....no known facts to back up my thoughts.

Personally, I feel ill at ease @ this arrangement. Why change it unless there was some legal advantage/legal protection? I don't accept that its for the brothers workload. Free labor and all....

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

around the time i left.... the new secret watchtower was in the makings.... I thought it was going to change the make of JW's... they can now tell the sheep what they want!!!!FS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit