Do you think Witnesses would drink the "Cool-Aid" if told to do so...like Jonestown?

by Witness 007 79 Replies latest watchtower bible

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

Definitely.

Watchtower cult killing child sacrifice evil

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

I post that Awake cover often enough myself. See NewChapter's comments. Different dynamic.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

I would have. I was a true believer. I was indoctrinated from the age of 10 that our present life is of little value. If I were to die in Jehovah's service, I would find myself (seemingly) instantly resurrected into perfect, paradise conditions.

• Violia
    Violia

I was a true believer at one point and would have given my life for Jehovah and the org.

Recall what the Org. did to the bro/sisters in Malawi? The were raped/murdered b/c the ORG told them not to buy a STUPID POLITICAL CARD, while in Mexico the brothers were allowed to.

Refusing medical treatment is suicide b/c jws really don't have a choice. People went to prison for this miserable religion.

• mamalove
    mamalove

I think they already are in many ways.

Although most I know would probably spike it with lots of whiskey. (The fave drink among JWs in my past).

• agonus
    agonus

Was it not "Jonestown" for those poor preeten-ish looking kids on that Awake cover?

• jonathan dough
    jonathan dough

Anyone who doesn't believe the Society has roots deep in the occult, then and now, is advised to read the information here at jwfacts.com

http://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/davinci-freemason.php

Don't fool yourselves. A wealth of information on their occult past and present can be found right here as well:

http://144000.110mb.com/directory/occult_jehovahs_witnesses.html

For those curious, be very careful about communicating with these people, the JWs. The powers of the occult are very seductive, subtle. A careful examination of their theories will show you how far removed from Christianity they really are.

• jonathan dough
    jonathan dough

Me: Many of Rutherford and Russell's false predictions were calculated based on alignment and measurement of ancient Egyptian pyramids relying in essence on the powers of the occult.

Reslight2: The study of God's Stone Witness in Egypt (not "ancient Egyptian pyramids" [plural]) as a verfication of the Bible has nothing at all to do relying on the essence of the power of the occult. Russell did not rely at all on the "powers of the occult".

Me: You are greatly mistaken in this regard. Much of what Russell relied upon, whether he knew it or not, or acknowledged it in writing, was the power of the occult and demonism. You base your disclaimer on a narrow interpretation of "occult." However, even a contemporary dictionary such as the Random House College Dictionary interprets the term broadly, defining it as: "2. Secret, disclosed or communicated only to the initiated. 3. Of or pertaining to magic, astrology, and other alleged sciences claiming use or knowledge of secret, mysterious, or supernatutal agencies; the supernatural or supernatural agencies and affairs considered as a whole.

In light of this definition Russell's activities were derived squarely from the occult as they involve a pseudo-science and he relied on the dark powers of the supernatural, not the powers of God Almighty, to arrive at his false conclusions. We know that such reliance on measuring the Great Pyramid of Jeezeh is Satanic in origin because those measurements were used to predict the coming Kingdom in 1874, and later in 1914. As both of those dates have been proven to be false prophecies, and false prophets are not from God, your statement that "Russell did not rely at all on the "powers of the occult"" is simply not true. Even Rutherford stated in 1928 that the pyramid is "Satan's Bible, and not God's stone witness." (Watchtower 1928 Nov 15 p.344). And because these occultist teachings lingered well into the 1920s it is impossible for Jesus, who returned allegedly in 1914, to have chosen the JWs as the only true and approved religion in 1919. It is impossible.

For your convenience, JWfacts.com has gone into great detail and provides original scans of the 1891 and 1911 editions of Thy Kingdom Come which you can find here:

• jonathan dough
    jonathan dough

Me: This documented historical connection with the occult is evident in several ways. Russell relied heavily on astrological predictions and signs of the zodiac.

Reslight2: Since Russell did not rely at all on astrological predictions, or the signs of the zodiac (as in astrology), the above statements are false.

Me: Again, you are very much mistaken in this regard as well. Russell, like those today publishing Watchtower material, routinely spoke out of both sides of his mouth, denouncing astrology on one hand, yet using it to further and verify his false predictions, like the Society today which condemns Christiandom but relies heavily on Christian books and teachings, when it suits them to defend their false religion. As for Russell disclaiming occultism, many occultists deny they are of the occult. His was only a self-serving statement, but the facts speak for themselves.

Here are Watchtower quotes as reprinted at JWFacts.com which proves that Russell relied on astrology, which as we all know is strictly forbidden by the Almighty and condemned as Satanic.

Astrology & Spiritualism

"Russell was not only into Egyptology but also referred to Astrology for confirmation of his predictions.

"The above thoughts came to us as we recently read the predictions of some noted astrologers, whose information we credit to the spirit demons and not to ability to read destiny in the stars. One of these in particular closely touches dates and incidents on the line of our Scriptural expectations as follows:--
      ASTROLOGICAL PREDICTIONS OF OUR TIME
      "In a dozen publications of this present springtime over all Europe astrologers agree that an extraordinary period is approaching. In the first place Saturn enters the sign of the Fishes in April, 1905, to remain there during 1906 and 1907. He will come out only in July, 1908. And these conjunctions, most rare in astrology, promise to be particularly hard on France."" Zion's Watchtower 1905 Oct 1 p.293

The constellations of the Zodiac were regarded in 1914 as of Divine origin with each of the 12 Zodiacal signs having corresponding statements in the Bible.

"AN ASTROLOGER'S OUTLOOK
      We seriously question all the claims of astrology; yet the following seem remarkably true to our expectations based upon the Word of the Lord Saturn is the representative of the great motive power that has dominated the mind of man up to the present time. Jupiter, representing law, religion and morality, has been perforce subservient to Saturn's greater and more potent force When Uranus and Jupiter meet in the humane sign of Aquarius in 1914, the long-promised era will have made a fair start in the work of setting man free to work out his own salvation, and will insure the ultimate realization of dreams and ideals of all In 1903 Jupiter will be in the Sign of Pisces-sign of the feet, or understanding, and the synthesis of the new religion is Love." Zion's Watch Tower 1903 May 1 p.131

Uranus and Jupiter meet in the humane sign of Aquarius every 80 or so years and this occurrence is held as a powerful sign by Astrologers. The start of World War One in 1914 is stated by Astrologers to be proof that extraordinary events do occur with the meeting of Uranus and Jupiter in Aquarius."

Readers beware: The Watchtower Society has roots deep in the occult, even if Russell denied it.

http://www.144000.110mb.com/directory/occult_jehovahs_witnesses.html

• jonathan dough
    jonathan dough

Back to the original question, the JWs have already administered the Kool-Aid to their own children, just as the Jonestown cultists did when they held their crying children down and murdered them. The JWs do this with their prohibition on blood transfusions, essentially throwing their own innocent offsprings into the flaming fire in order to please their idea of Jehovah, just as the early Israelites did when worshiping Molech and Baal who tossed their children into the flames even though YHWH stated clearly that this was something that never, ever entered into his mind.

http://144000.110mb.com/index.html

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit