Do you think Witnesses would drink the "Cool-Aid" if told to do so...like Jonestown?

by Witness 007 79 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Violia
    Violia

I also recall in the 60-70's preparing for the great tribulation, do not miss a book study you may not know where the next meeting is being held. We prepared for underground activity. it was talked about a lot at the kh. How would you prepare to die for Jehovah? Jehovah's spirit would help you endure the pain of persecution or it would take away the pain. I vividly recall a car group where it was discussed being raped while still a virgin. I was married and they said it was not as awful, after all, I'd had sex before. I could go on . crazy jws.

yes shanagirl, your post is spot on. BTW, they just killed all the inactive and apostates at this summers DC. If you are not an active jws, you are dead to them.

• watersprout
    watersprout
    I vividly recall a car group where it was discussed being raped while still a virgin. I was married and they said it was not as awful, after all, I'd had sex before.

Wow that is disturbing... So having sex before would make rape bearable?? WTF! They are truly crazy! I wonder if that's one of reasons some don't ever get married??

Peace

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

BTW, they just killed all the inactive and apostates at this summers DC. If you are not an active jws, you are dead to them.

That's no joke, reference was made to a 'culling work to come'.

• Violia
    Violia

yes , we are all dead and Jehovah''s chariot just keeps moving on.

• watersprout
    watersprout
    reference was made to a 'culling work to come'.

That is very chilling! Culling in the sense of ''Jehovah'' doing it or taking it upon themselves to rid the earth of apostates??

Peace

• jam
    jam

Not to offend anyone, but suppose Jesus served

kool-Aid at the last supper, "we will all go to heaven

togather this nite". How many would have drink the kool-aid??

We must remerber the Gov. Body have A loftiest position

then Jesus in the arrangment. In some cases higher then

Jehovahs. There would be many drinking the kool-aid.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse
    That is very chilling! Culling in the sense of ''Jehovah'' doing it or taking it upon themselves to rid the earth of apostates??

It was described as something Jehovah would do; it was discussed on this thread:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/experiences/212894/1/BELIEVE-IT-OR-LEAVE-IT-a-long-time-faders-dilemma

• Violia
    Violia

the link Blondie provided is very good. Note it is 9 yrs ago and look how much has happened just since then. The wts is really playing hard ball with the Internet and apostates and inactives. your family may not talk to you under fear of df. They have said this/ implied it would not be loyal to Jehovah etc at various times in the past, but always left some wiggle room. I see less wiggle room.

They have always suggested that we be ready to follow all orders from the FDS.

in blindies link Scully's post is spot on.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I don't understand how the "suddenly" part of this came in. They know exactly how to induce "buzz" among the congregations with the prospect of "loving new arrangements from Jehovah" and when those arrangements are implemented A LOT of people jump on board.

Have they announced the percentage that auxiliary pioneered in April 2011?

My guess is that with a few months of prep time (special super-secret letter to be read at the Service Meeting and NOT discussed outside the K.H. then a special talk the following month about the contents of the super-secret letter and its secrecy, then another letter chastising the rank and file for speaking about it outside the K.H., and so on), they could get approximately the same percentage to drink the Kool-Aid.

• Ding
    Ding

New Chapter,

Good point.

I hope you are right and that I am wrong.

I admit that I find it scary when I see JWs so quickly and in lockstep change things they believe whenever the WT publishes "new light."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit