When should you Disassociate yourself?

by happytobefree 72 Replies latest jw friends

• ZazuWitts
    ZazuWitts

I think we can except more of the above
    on the part of the WTBTS - formally announcing 'disassociations' - even when the individual involved has refused to make concrete statements.
    It has to be their way of dealing with those who try to 'just fade away,' in hopes of trying to leave the door ajar for family contact at some level.

For years this was somewhat effective - depending on the individuals involved -and it stymied, to some degee, efforts to take formal action.

What I don't know is if this is now a direct order from WTBTS headquarters.
    I'm sure they didn't like not having control over such situations, and are now using this tactic to assert their "power" in such cases.

JT, are you there? Any thoughts on this anyone?

• Frenchy
    Frenchy

This isn't JT. I think I would fall under the category of "anyone".

Disassociating came along after Disfellowshipping. It was a convenient legal and PR ploy to achieve the same end as df’ing. This was not accepted wholeheartedly by all the old, hardliners. I remember a C.O. telling us (elders) that we should ‘push’ a certain matter and not let that person ‘ease’ himself out by DA’ing. He wanted to punish this person with congregational action. “Be men about this and throw him out!” was what he told us.
    The Society’s stand on the matter is that a person does not disassociate himself by merely ‘drawing away’. Elders are cautioned not to put words in the person’s mouth like: “Well, then, are you saying that you are disassociating yourself from the congregation?” It is made clear that this action of disassociation must originate with the person.
    HOWEVER, if a person joins another religion or joins the military (and just recently) or accepts a blood transfusion, for example, THEN an announcement is made that this person has disassociated himself from the congregation EVEN THOUGH THAT PERSON NEVER ACTUALLY MADE SUCH A STATEMENT. That is not to say, however, that CERTAIN congregations will not step out of bounds and do exactly what Simon posted. This happens.
    I believe that you are correct in your statement that we can expect to see more DA’ing and less DF’ing. For legal reasons.

-Seen it all, done it all, can't remember most of it-

• neyank
    neyank

I recieved a phone call awhile back from an elder at the KH I had attended. He asked me to meet with the elders so that they can "help" me to come back to the meetings.
    I had a feeling that something was up. Therefore I did not go.
    But I was wondering if they would say I disassociated myself because I refused to meet with them.
    neyank

• Simon
    Simon

he he - the reason I brought this up is that it is currently happening to us !
    The elders called round on Sunday afternoon about a month or two ago (first time in ages) and invited me for a chat at the Kingdom Hall the next Wednesday. I told them I would need more notice than a couple of days and couldn't really discuss things because we had guests.
    Yesterday, I got a letter from they saying that I refused to talk to them (ironic since I have been asking them to answer my questions for ages) and that they 'accepted my disassociation', no doubt so they can announce it. Despite me making it clear to them both verbally an in at least three letters that I did not want to disassociate myself they will try and make out that I have.
    That is, if they go ahead - I have sent a letter threatening legal action if they do and will also tell everyone that I can that we have not disassociated ourselves, despite what the elders tell them.
    I'll post some scans of the letters when I get chance.

• JT
    JT

what i love about the NET is the shear level of knowledge that so many of you all have here- from the yr 2000 and beyond there will be no reason for any jw who really wants to know the TRUTH not to be able to do so- the web sites and documentation at this time is just unreal-

i fully agree with all of you - awhile back i posted about how the developement of the DA concept came about and i firmly believed based on what i have seen so far in the org as well as those i have spoken to a bethel in the last few months

the wt will continue to move move more things over from DFing to DA and more items will fall under the "Conscience matter" banner

the key if very simple

1. all the wt has to do is like they have done with transfusions use a study article or QFR or Question box to outline the new policy and all jw will get the point-
    all will know that a persons is to be viewed as DA will get the same treatment as a DFed person and a person who claims his conscience allows him to do so and so would no longer qualify for positions in the hall

so it all frees up the wt from any legal concerns but produces the same SHAFT and DOGGING for the poor jw who violates the rules

it is sorta like having Direct Deposit- you don't have to stand in line with all the guys from the mill to get your checked cashed - yet your money will be in the bank the same as theirs

smile

if you truly want understand the wt one needs to take it out of the rim of a being a religion, false prophet or having to give an accounting to "GOD"

but to view it for what it really is - wt is no more than a Corp like any other - they have employees, benifits packages, various levels of management one can attain to, employee handbooks , new letters, sales quotas to attain, etc

problem is most of it is BOGUS AND protected under the laws of the land- will wt have to pay for it - well for some they believe "God" will deal with them in the end- others think that some of the Gov will realize that they have been shafted by the WT and take some steps

but in the end it all boils down to the fact the WT sells what many folks want "HOPE" yep most folks want that "Beach Front Timeshare Property" that WT sells and religions has been selling folks hope for as long as mankind has been kicking.

for many of us we have come to realize that if you turn over your Beach Front Property Coupon it indicates that we have been assigned to "WEEK 53"

as a result many of us here have gotten out- yet sad to say for many they will go to thier grave never taking the time like you and i have to simply turn over the Coupon an see on the backside that they have Been Shafted

HOW SAD

JUST MY 2

JT

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

My dearest Father Amical,

New accolytes are always appreciated. Send your resume if it pleases you, but it isn't really necessary.....just address it to The Goddess of Pretty Much Everything. No need to mail it. I am a goddess, after all....I shall know.....

Oh, and checks are also always appreciated.

• larc
    larc

RedHorseWomen, the exhalted one,

The month of January will soon be over, and we will need a New Heresy of the Month. Perhaps yours could be the February special! January's "New Order of Thinness" will have pretty much run its course by then. I will be there for you in February with my support, even though Thinker, The Thinner One, may see me as a traitor.

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

larc,

Sounds good to me. Especially since February is the birth month of the goddess.....ME!!!

• thinkers wife
    thinkers wife

Shame on you Larc. And after my husband appointing you to the writing department and all. Hmmm. Maybe RHW could just have a different position!
    TW

• thinkers wife
    thinkers wife

Simon,
    It sounds like a done deal. I am so very sorry. Too bad, when they came to your door, you didn't go back in the house and bring a tape recorder back. I would document everything in triplicate. Perhaps set up your own meeting with a tape recorder!
    TW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit