What Was The BEST Thing About Being A Jehovah's Witness?

by minimus 67 Replies latest jw friends

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

The social relationships made in spite of the oppressive constrained nature .

When you grow up being a JW your JW buddies become your friends for better or worse.

Mind you those relationships were regulated and manufactured by the WTS. and were somewhat superficially pretentious,

much like the organization itself.

Yes I met some good people there while being in as well as the bad.

• talesin
    talesin

Skating parties on the lakes! Rollerskating every Sunday nite at the Centennial Arena! Lots of dancing regularly at parties.

aside from that, I agree with some others.... leaving.

tal

*misses dancing* klass

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster

I'm uh.......going to have to uh........... go ahead and disagree with you there Talesin.... it was definately the gang bangs.

• ChakkaConned
    ChakkaConned

The feeling of having real conviction in something larger than myself. A conviction that was so strong that giving up cigarettes and soap opera's was a piece of cake.

Also, the honeymoon/love bombing phase was fun while it lasted

• Sapphy
    Sapphy

Best thing was that first breath of freedom after the end of a circuit assembly, knowing you didnt have to do that for another 6 months.

• african GB Member
    african GB Member

The feeling of superiority amongst everyone, be it schoolmates, neighbourhood kids, and all other worldly people.

Believing I was among the very few who would survive the wrath of Jehovah at Armageddon.

• flipper
    flipper

Nothing was good about being a Witness . I agree with Nugget - leaving the Witnesses was the best thing

• Chemical Emotions
    Chemical Emotions

In the New System of things, I would finally be happy.

• DarioKehl
    DarioKehl

Being able to procrastinate, excuse mediocrity and minimize others' achievements by finishing every sentence with: "the end will be here soon so it doesn't matter in the long run (whatever "it" is, no matter how large "it" is)."

EXAMPLES:

"I'd like to get married and have kids someday, but..."

"I wish I could go to college instead of window washing and pioneering, but..."

"Wow, Brother Rich Elder has spiritual blessings and material blessings, but..."

That mindset is a quick-fix. It's mental comfort food: cheap, delicious, readily available but lacking terribly in nutritional value. Only when you try something else do you realize how lousy a steady diet of it makes you feel. The ability to shovel all concerns into a corner and dismiss them produces laziness, low motivation and feeds "impossibility-think." Although comforting while inside, I never realized how it squelches opportunity and ambition. Sometimes I still wish I had that "easy button" but if I did, I'd slide back into a little shell of worthlessness.

• ziddina
    ziddina
    "What Was The BEST Thing About Being A Jehovah's Witness? ...."

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....................................................

The fact that I got out alive???

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit