What Was The BEST Thing About Being A Jehovah's Witness?

by minimus 67 Replies latest jw friends

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

A blizzard that cancels the boasting session or results in no one showing up for field circus.

• nugget
    nugget

leaving

• Dudu
    Dudu

I agree with the feeling of security , not much to think about, they were thinking for you .........

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR

Learning how to speak in public.

• MrMonroe
    MrMonroe

The best thing? That to make up for all the deprivation, stultification, boredom and humiliation of being a JW, I didn't have to worry about a nuclear attack .... or global warming ... or the destruction of the ozone layer ... or escalating worldwide poverty. I could just forget it all, knowing that a world free of nasty things was awaiting me.

Except .... that it would be in a world run like a bloated Bethel, headed by the same self-righteous pricks who were ruining my life.

• i_drank_the_wine
    i_drank_the_wine

Fuck being a J*hovah's W*tness. Best part of it is getting out as everyone said.

• minimus
    minimus

JWs are duped into believing they are special. JWs are no different than any other cult.

• clearpoison
    clearpoison

For me I would say it was the way moral thinking was thaught to be part of your every day life. It is very automatic for me to think if a thing I am going to do is right from my perspective, for other people and in overall. I see lot's of people thinking that things are right as long nobody knows about it, mostly I try to go beyond that.

I don't say this is exclusive in JW life, but very central and essential part any way.

CP

• El Nunya
    El Nunya

The best thing for me was the gradual developement of deep-seated personal integrity. I became willing to suffer for what I believed, and in the end, for what I no longer believed. And through it all, my faith remained intact.

• Farkel
    Farkel

:What Was The BEST Thing About Being A Jehovah's Witness?

Isn't that like asking what's the best thing about having one's fingernails pulled out one-by-one?

Farkel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit