What Was The BEST Thing About Being A Jehovah's Witness?

by minimus 67 Replies latest jw friends

• sizemik
    sizemik

Everybody has pies, cookies and deserts . . . so you can't count that.

Try harder.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

The WBT$ Road to No Where..

http://t1.thpservices.com/fotos/thum4/018/062/esy-001002314.jpghttp://4.bp.blogspot.com/-2pWKTRrT-Gs/TahRxebjP3I/AAAAAAAAAAw/ja8RXlzuLV4/s1600/absolutely_nothing_road_sign_lg.jpghttp://t1.thpservices.com/fotos/thum4/018/127/esy-001027844.jpg

..............................OUTLAW

• NomadSoul
    NomadSoul

Being delusional.

• zoiks
    zoiks

Everybody has pies, cookies and deserts . . . so you can't count that.

Try harder.

But not everybody has an old German brother giving hateful comments. Comments about how he worked with a man that he truly hated, but refrained from pushing him in front of a subway train when he had the opportunity...and then the man died shortly after anyway so it all worked out...

That's got to count for something.

Seriously, though...for me, one of the "nice" things was a sense of certainty and of being "right" no matter what. I'm not proud of that.

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

to hang out with non smokers.

• Rocky_Girl
    Rocky_Girl

All I had to do was wear a pretty dress and sign up as a pioneer and everyone thought I was extremely successful. I went out, and drove my car, in the late afternoon with the older sisters who usually have to work alone and I was golden.

Not like now. I actually have to study my textbooks and show a working knowledge of the concepts I am learning to get that same respect at school. Or lead a project that requires after hours work and tons of research to be valued that highly at work.

But, all things considered, I wouldn't trade what I have earned through hard work for their baseless easy to earn praise any day...

• sizemik
    sizemik
    But not everybody has an old German brother giving hateful comments.

Seriously Zoiks . . . we had one of those. He was even publicly ticked off by the WT study conductor once . . . he was still arguing after they had taken the roving mike away.

There was also a Jewish sister the same age . . . if we'd given them weapons there would have been at least one death. He'd fled Germany to get out of becoming a Nazi. She'd fled to avoid the death camps.

Ahhh . . . the good old days

• mummatron
    mummatron

The exact moment after the brother saying the last prayer uttered "Amen". The sense of relief for being able to get up off my numb bum and stop clock-watching was just immense!

• dmouse
    dmouse

All my beliefs were set for me - didn't have to think.

Now, when issues arise I have to weigh up all the evidence before deciding what I believe - that's hard work!

• designs
    designs

Best- Camping in Yosemite with 50 young Witnesses. Worse- Jail over the Draft.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit