What is "truth" - COULD Einstein Have Been Wrong?

by AGuest 197 Replies latest jw friends

• tec
    tec

Still, I was about to say the same thing.

BOTR - Not engaging would have been... um... silence. You engaged. You couldn't resist. And of course, you're qualified to determine whether or not someone else is mentally ill? I can understand that from an atheist... none of this CAN be real to an atheist. But to someone who professes belief? Why?

Peace,

Tammy

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

Tec - friendship / 'love' / battle lines aside are you still comfortable supporting all AGuest's comments? do you align yourself to this version of god or does this border on worshipping a false god?

AGuest - I am more firmly convinced that you have nothing except imagined experiences which you have build a dangerous emotional commitment too. When you finally face the reality of your situation you may risk a crisis, since you are so wedded to your 'quirky' manifestations. Why do I say this? Simply because in what is probably at least hundreds of thousands of posted words you have not stated anything substantial(certainly not in the subset I've read) , no actual experiences, no statements that are logical just sentence after sentence of vaguely mystical nonsense (to me - there are some here who seem to get your religious comments) with a mantra you apparently need to repeat lest you become a dominating war monger. This is not balanced behaviour imo. Capitalisation of words mid sentence does not add extra import to your undefined comments either and must be a typing pain.

So saying, you hear the voice of god continually, god doesn't talk to anyone directly (oops except Adam etc.),god wakes you up to chat, god tells you his name and sends you to an exiting JW online community but not to preach, god is found through Christ,Jesus is a manmade god, god let you know he wants you to be a servant, truth is constant but cannot be understood it just is found through Christ...with no substantial context (you never provide any) is just psycho waffle that even OBVES and Lars wouldn't touch.

If you really believe you've had some wonderful metaphysical experience please share it simply,with context( like on such and such a date I was praying and I saw x at the foot of my bed and I heard y within ...my heart..) and post your exact steps to recreate said experiences.

As a missionary part of my success was relating exact steps people could take to recreate a similar experience to mine - of course my interpretation was off - but still people could understand my method because I talked in practicals (read this, contemplate that, pray like this, you will feel x if true, y if false.) Otherwise you aren't sharing anything since you are deliberately creating an unverifiable smokescreen of meaningless words to maintain your position. Saying the truth is christ full stop end explanation is no deeper or clearer than saying sago pudding is the way, yum.

In response to this post if you find yourself ten sentences in and you haven't written anything accessible or practical please stop and we'll agree that you dont have words that I can understand to explain how or when or what you have experienced and we can just admit to different worlds, different relative truths :)

• tec
    tec

Tec - friendship / 'love' / battle lines aside are you still comfortable supporting all AGuest's comments?

Um... I'm not really comfortable with this question. I don't read 'all' of Shelby's comments, nor am I her judge. If I am comfortable supporting something she shares (because I share that view as well), then I will write attesting to that.

do you align yourself to this version of god or does this border on worshipping a false god?

I align myself to the Father of Christ. The fact that Shelby and I share teh same understanding tells me that we DO both follow the same Christ, and therefore, God.

As a missionary part of my success was relating exact steps people could take to recreate a similar experience to mine - of course my interpretation was off - but still people could understand my method because I talked in practicals (read this, contemplate that, pray like this, you will feel x if true, y if false.)

If you're interpretation was off, then what does it matter what methods you used to promote falsehood?

Saying the truth is christ full stop end explanation is no deeper or clearer than saying sago pudding is the way, yum.

I say that a lot. It might not mean anything to a non-believer, but it should mean something to a Christian, or to a disciple of Christ, or someone searching for God. Christ is the truth. Not religion, no Paul, not the bible. Christ. To those who are searching for the truth about God, that is the answer.

Peace, Tammy
  • AGuest
    AGuest

Ahh, dear tec... the greatest of love and peace to you, dear one... and my sincere apologies for the "position" this has put YOU in. Should never have happened, IMHO. Unfortunate, truly, that in trying to define ME... some are calling YOU to task/questioning YOUR critical thinking abilities. I amazes me more and more, not that doing so smacks of WTBTS indoctrination... but that these can't "see" this in themselves. I know yon can answer for yourself; I am just saddened that you are called upon to do so... NOT because of your faith in our Lord, but because of your love and support of me. Every one should be called upon to defend their faith based on their own beliefs... not on their agreement with that of someone else. It would be like me saying some here only believe what they do because they are influenced/persuaded by Richard Dawkins... versus agreeing with him based on their OWN understanding, observations, and beliefs. The hypocrisy is overly-palpable... and quite "sour", IMHO.

AGuest - I am more firmly convinced that you have nothing except imagined experiences which you have build a dangerous emotional commitment too.

First, you are entitled to your opinion [including of me], dear Q (peace to you!)... but please know that what you are "convinced" of is irrelevant to me. I did not set out TO convince you... of anything. People have had negative opinions of me all of my life which had absolutely nothing to do with me or my relationship/treatment of THEM... but simply because of their perception... based even on my outward appearance in some instances... over which I've had no control. I did not set out to conivince that I was or was not whatever it is they perceived. I was just being me, the most authentic me I could be. So whatever it is you have convinced YOURSELF of... is on you. Please do not take offense, but the truth is that I truly am not concerned with what others are "convinced" of about me. I don't live for others... or what they think of me.

When you finally face the reality of your situation you may risk a crisis, since you are so wedded to your 'quirky' manifestations.

Perhaps, but then that's my crisis to face and so my concern, not yours, yes? That you apparently wish to "rush" me there, though, says quite a lot about you... IMHO...

Why do I say this?

Because you're one of those people who thinks it's your business to minds others' business... plain and simple. Because you thinks it's your business to tell others who and what they are... and what they should or should not believe. Because you have designated yourself my "keeper" in this regard. What you misunderstand, though, dear one... is that you're not, at least not in this light.

Simply because in what is probably at least hundreds of thousands of posted words you have not stated anything substantial(certainly not in the subset I've read) , no actual experiences, no statements that are logical just sentence after sentence of vaguely mystical nonsense (to me - there are some here who seem to get your religious comments)

First, you obviously haven't read "enough" of my words. I have absolutely posted actual experiences... many, many times. Repeatedly. As to whether they are "substantial"... well, that would depend on who you ask, wouldn't it? As you acknowledge, some here get it (and realize there is absolutely nothing "religious" about any of it - which, it still surprises me that YOU don't get... given how "intelligent" you perceive yourself to be, because it's really quite elementary, actually). That YOU don't get it means... what? That YOU don't get it. Some folks don't "get" quantum physics, either. So what?

with a mantra you apparently need to repeat lest you become a dominating war monger.

I'm sorry... what?

This is not balanced behaviour imo.

Again, YOUR opinion carries no weight, dear one. Why... in the WORLD... do you assume it DOES? What is going on in YOU that you think that just because you HAVE an opinion... it means anything? To ANYONE... regarding anyTHING... let alone me regarding THIS matter? I don't know you. Why is your opinion... which is based on a total lack of faith AND knowledge as to these things... mean anything to me??? Methinks you're thinking just a little too much of your dear self, here...

Capitalisation of words mid sentence does not add extra import to your undefined comments either and must be a typing pain.

Typing is pain regardless, these days, dear one. So what? I can handle pain. Well, most times... I capitalize because it's faster than going back, highlight, and italicizing/bolding, etc. I've explained THAT time and time again on this board, as well. Those who know me... or read my posts... know this. You don't know me... or this. On you...

So saying, you hear the voice of god continually

See, here's the difference between you and I: I try to stick to accuracies. You apparently can't do that. I do not, nor have I ever stated, that I hear the voice of god (or even God) continually. Never. So, the problem lies with you: there is either something wrong with your eyes (as to what you read)... your ears (what you "hear" when you read)... or your comprehension (of what you're reading). I'm of the mind that it's all three.

god doesn't talk to anyone directly (oops except Adam etc.),

Adham, Israel... yes, I corrected that. Actually, my Lord corrected ME (reminded me of these truths), and so I had to correct what I'd posted. Because the first was not the TRUTH. I could, like some, have stuck to my initial error, allowing my pride to prevent me from admitting the error... and just let you (or others) go on thinking that what I had first posted WAS the truth. I am no longer into lying about such things, though, so...

god wakes you up to chat, god tells you his name and sends you to an exiting JW online community but not to preach,

No. Again, you apparently have trouble reading, hearing, and comprehending. And no, I am not going to elaborate. I stated what I did and if you want to know what that was... you should try re-reading what I posted. True, you may need to do so a third time, but some say that's a "charm," so... I mean, if it takes YOU that many times.

god is found through Christ

Yes. There is no other Way, dear one, truly...

Jesus is a manmade god

Yep.

, god let you know he wants you to be a servant

Nope. I chose to be His Son's servant, and thus His... out of gratitude. Basically, I responded to the "universal" invitation, "Who will go?" I said, "Send me!" So, here I is... (although "here" was after another "city" first...)

truth is constant but cannot be understood

Oh, no, absolutely not. Truth is a constant that CAN be understood! Again, a glitch in your reading, hearing, and comprehension, dear one...

it just is found through Christ...

Who IS the Truth... indeed, the Spirit of Truth... yes...

with no substantial context (you never provide any) is just psycho waffle that even OBVES and Lars wouldn't touch.

They don't touch It, dear one, because they neither know It nor have received It. Rather, they're concerned with "dates and times and seasons"... which is of no benefit. Who cares when? It will be when it will be. They have chosen their... ummmm... "path" - trying to figure out signs. I've chosen MY "path"... the "narrow Way". Not the same path, so, no... we don't have the same message. Really, it's nothing more than that...

If you really believe you've had some wonderful metaphysical experience please share it simply,with context( like on such and such a date I was praying and I saw x at the foot of my bed and I heard y within ...my heart..) and post your exact steps to recreate said experiences.

I HAVE, dear one. MANY times. And have posted virtually each one ON THIS SITE (but not in this thread, but so what?). Where have you BEEN??? The fact that I HAVE... is most probably why no one other than the few of you "usual suspects" here are even engaging me in this way. Others have SEEN my posts... and their details. You can, as well: please... just click on my avatar name... and see for yourself. As I've stated, I have absolutely NOTHING to hide.

As a missionary part of my success was relating exact steps people could take to recreate a similar experience to mine - of course my interpretation was off - but still people could understand my method because I talked in practicals (read this, contemplate that, pray like this, you will feel x if true, y if false.)

There is no "method", dear one... other than to exercise faith... and ask (IN faith, NOT doubting). That's it, that's all. If one needs more than that, perhaps one SHOULD go and be led by "religion." Because that industry would be more than happy to give one a "method"... all laid out in some book, even. One will be charged for it, however... one way or another. The gift I have I received for free - there was no charge... and no reciprocity demanded. It was absolutely FREE... with NO strings attached. It is BECAUSE of this... BECAUSE it was free... and my utter GRATITUDE to the One who gave it to me... that prompted me to tell others ABOUT it... and that they could receive it TOO. And... I do not charge for such information... or do I tell others that they MUST reciprocate... or how. It doesn't work like that, dear one - it is a free gift... in every sense of the word "free." It was granted... as a gift... due to love... and mercy. That's it, that's all. Nothing more to it, truly.

Otherwise you aren't sharing anything since you are deliberately creating an unverifiable smokescreen of meaningless words to maintain your position.

It's a smokescreen to you, dear one... and further proof to ME of the truth of my Lord's words:

"Looking, they look in vain... and hearing, they hear in vain..."

You don't see... because you are yet blind; you don't hear... because you don't have ears TO hear... and get the SENSE of these things. They are things of the spirit - you are of the flesh, still bound by... and to... your vessel of flesh. So, what I am sharing is "foolishness" to you. I totally understand that. YOU... are the one who doesn't understand. Yet. And you won't... unless and until you GET that, in truth, it is YOU who are naked, blind, miserable, and pitiable... and needing to "buy" eyesalve.

Saying the truth is christ full stop end explanation is no deeper or clearer than saying sago pudding is the way, yum.

To you, perhaps. And I get that. No worries for me, though. It is what it is...

In response to this post if you find yourself ten sentences in and you haven't written anything accessible or practical please stop

Again, that would depend, wouldn't it? You may not find my responses accessible or practical; then, again, you may. Certainly, others may. So, I'll took my chances... and proceeded. You, though, feel free to stop reading at any point YOU wish to.

and we'll agree that you dont have words that I can understand to explain how or when or what you have experienced

(Smile)... had you said that at the start, then this would have been a very short response. Because I believe that no matter WHAT I stated, WHAT words I used... you wouldn't understand. For the reasons I posted above: deficiencies in YOUR reading, hearing, and comprehension...

and we can just admit to different worlds, different relative truths :)

I have admitted to that all along, dear one... and only asked that YOU admit it... and accept it without attacking me. I am glad that you are able to come to this point now (though, it did seem to take you more time that I would have liked - LOLOLOL!).

Again, peace to you, dear Q... truly. Seriously. I am not "mad" at you. I hope you are not "mad" at me; however, if you are, I have to leave that on you. MY love, however, won't fail as to YOU!

YOUR servant (still)... and a slave of Christ,

SA

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

Tec you are a Christian right ? - you post quite squarely with AGuest who states this:

Question: Is Jesus not the son of god?
    No, dear one... "he" is not. He is a "god" created by man... which man uses to get others to follow them...
    Question: Is not JAHESHUA MISCHAJAH the son of god?
    Yes, but he is not "Jesus," sorry.

I thought this would cause you to pause since it surely isn't your truth and is fairly squarely opposed to Christian and OT teachings or have I mistaken your beliefs?

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

AGuest - I will concede that :

That my Lord speaks to me all the time. Good! That is the truth!

was a reference to JAHESHUA MISCHAJAH not your god and I did misread that.

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

AGuest - did you live in Australia in September 2008?

..and have a vision about who the FDS was after talking most of the evening with JAHESHUA MISCHAJAH - on the 28th of that month?

• AGuest
    AGuest
    AGuest - did you live in Australia in September 2008?

I WISH, dear Q (again, peace to you!). I would LOVE to visit the land "down under". Unfortunately, I was right here in Cali at that time...

..and have a vision about who the FDS was after talking most of the evening with JAHESHUA MISCHAJAH - on the 28th of that month?

I have absolutely no idea what you're speaking of, dear one, truly. Care to elaborate?

Again, peace to you!

YOUR servant and a slave of Christ,

SA

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

Yep - I decided that JAHESHUA MISCHAJAH was such an unusual phrase that I googled it and found someone posting on a JW forum in 2008 http://e-jehovahs-witnesses.com/forum/showthread.php?3384-is-the-faithful-and-discreet-slave-in-charge-of-his-fellow-slaves/page4 called FutureMan whose details said they were from the 'land down under'. They also did lots of mid sentence capitalisation and talked about JAHESHUA MISCHAJAH who taught them in the middle of the night, waking them up. Just thought the style was very you - sorry - must have been mistaken.

Here I'll post an excerpt:

To the Household of God, Israel, and those who go with... may you all have peace (and may you forgive my formatting "errors")!
    Last night I had the privilege of posting about a scripture that corroborated a vision I was given by our Lord.
    During that post, I was also directed to reiterate the identity of the TRUE Faithful and Discreet Slave, Our Lord, JAHESHUA MISCHAJAH:
    By using [Psalm 23:1] to try and explain who we are to listen to... [the WTBTS is TOTALLY overlooking the One whom that Shepherd, the Greater
    Pharoah... has put in place over us... the FINE Shepherd (John 10:11, 14, 15)... CHRIST... who is His designated "Joseph." That One... and ONLY
    that One... has been given "all authority"... including authority to dispense "grain" from [Pharaoh's] storehouse... FOOD... AT THE PROPER TIME...
    and thus is the ONLY "Faithful and Discreet Slave." (Genesis 41:39-46, 55-57; Matthew 24:45; Revelation 3:14).
    I left the forum sometime during the wee hours after posting that truth... but I was unable to sleep. Our Lord and I spoke most of the rest of the night (I have only had about 2 hours' sleep thus far) about a great many things. One of those "things" was the TRUE identification of the Faithful and Discreet Slave, which I have been directed to expound to you "more fully," which I will do here...
  • Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

..also same age as you.. oddly.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit