I've Cried for Days

by Smoldering Wick 33 Replies latest jw friends

• TMS
    TMS

For some reason thread didn't go back to the top. Let's see if this does it.

TMS

• Smoldering Wick
    Smoldering Wick

((((((((((((((((((((((TMS))))))))))))))))))))))))))

I am both excited and nervous about your response. It's almost as if I have too much and nothing to say at the same time. I'm not sure when was the last time we actually spoke to each other...1994?

You said:

Sorry to have contributed to your pain.
    On the contrary...your contribution was that of relief. The pain I experienced in finding you on this board came from the additional shattering of the giant veneer created in my brain by the Watchtower Org. Another "peek behind the great curtain at the disappointing Wizard" if you will. As each link of the chain the WT has around me is cut...I know I will continue to experience both discomfort and relief.

I have really enjoyed reading your posts. I hope that my presence here in no way hinders your free thought. ...I also hope that my openness in many areas does not offend you. I am curious to know more about your thoughts on WT theology. Has your belief system changed in any way?

You mentioned:

We tried to act with dignity while keeping a low profile.
    Basically, the only way to keep a low profile and maintain your dignity is to float away quietly and keep your opinions to yourself. That has been very difficult and lonely for me. To go from being 'popular' within the JW group...to being basically alone and an 'unknown' in the world contributed to my depression.

Do you think you ever will return to the JW mindset? For myself...I don't see that happening. Over the past four years I have been exposed to so many different ways of thinking. I must say that I act on the freedom of expression I have online much more than I do in "real life."

"A mind stretched to a new idea never goes back to its original dimensions."
    -Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.
    I heard a little of you and your wife's health problems, I was sorry to hear of them.

I know that we don't know much about each other's lives...I hope this won't always be the case. I am looking forward to getting to know you and your wife again...I am also looking forward to spending more time with your son while he is here. We enjoy his company very much.

I’m hopeful that the pain of this unpleasantness will subside quickly.
    Thank you, it already has. Being able to share my feelings with everyone here...their kind responses to me....and now actually connecting with you has made me feel SO much better!
    I’m happy that you are at least able to take control of the direction of your life at a relatively young age.
    "Relatively?" LOL At 36, I already have so many regrets. Lost youth, wrong choices, not being able to go to college etc... I suppose you are right...I can look back at the past 20 years and be determined not make the same mistakes on the next 20. As can you Please say hello to your wife for us.

Thank you for your thoughts, and I look forward to talking with you.

Your Sister,

Wick

• Tatiana
    Tatiana

Wick, TMS, I am in tears and that's all I need to say.........

Love.........

April

If you bury the truth under the ground, it will but grow, and gather to itself such explosive power that the day it bursts through it will blow up everything in its way.--Emile Zola, J'accuse
    http://www.network54.com/Forum/171905

• jesussaves
    jesussaves

(((((((((((((((TMS & Wick))))))))))))))))))))

This is exactly the thing that I want to happen in my own family! I'm so happy that you two have reunited.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit