All Encompassing World Views

by sabastious 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Sarcasm aside, I think I know how you felt. When I told my JW mother that I was pregnant with my 1st child I had mentally braced myself for some kind of disappointing comment that proved the extent of the cult brainwashing, and sure enough I got one.

Aye, their rederick does seem to have a moment-ruining way about it.

-Sab

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I don't recall my mother being happy any of the four times I told her I was expecting. After hearing the news about my last child she asked if I knew how to use birth control. :-/

• sabastious
    sabastious
    I don't recall my mother being happy any of the four times I told her I was expecting. After hearing the news about my last child she asked if I knew how to use birth control. :-/

Nice sentiment there from your mother.

-Sab

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

I would have to admit that the most 'disorienting' aspect of my 'awakening' was the fact that my worldview changed virtually overnight. All of my expectations, beliefs and desires had to be reassesed in a very short period.

Its also interesting how the witness worldview becomes self-fulfilling prophecy. Sure, it will be difficult for your kids "in this system" when they can't get a decent job because of the no higher ed rule, or your entire family is frazzled and has 'no time' because hours and hours are devoted to all the busywork designed to keep people from stopping and thinking.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Nice sentiment there from your mother.

Yeah, my mother is tactless and gleefully hurtful when it comes to her children. And the ironic bit to what she said is she had four children herself.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Be fruitful and multiply commanded God.

If God wanted no more life to be born, God could easily resolve that issue, eh?

To bring a life into this world out of love is to give glory to God.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Sure, it will be difficult for your kids "in this system" when they can't get a decent job because of the no higher ed rule, or your entire family is frazzled and has 'no time' because hours and hours are devoted to all the busywork designed to keep people from stopping and thinking.

You are so right, the "system blame game" is dysfunctional and damaging behaviour.

-Sab

• sabastious
    sabastious
    To bring a life into this world out of love is to give glory to God.

We need all the "clean slates" we can get. This planet needs an influx of better people. I hope the parents of the upcoming generations are up to the task.

-Sab

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Well, we are the sum of our experiences.

HOW we deal with those expereinces is what makes us good people or "bad" people.

Children that are brought up as loving and peacefull and productive members of society, tend to be just that.

I teach my litle ones about love and respect and tolerance, about right and wrong, I teach them that we are all God's children and that we are all the same under God, that His love for US is like my love for them, unconditional and undying.

Teaching a child about love is not easy, it is for to east to fall into the "love only those the deserve it" thing and that tends t leave out those that NEED love the most to break those circles of hate and violence.

My little ones know that, no matter what, I love them and they also know that I will still get upset and punish them if theyr do something wrong but that won't effect my love for them at all.

• botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety
    Retired Episcopalian Bishop John Shelby Spong makes an interesting notion in the below video. He states that anythingthat devalues life cannot be from God and I tend to agree.

I agree with Spong too. Great way to put it, Sabastious.

BTS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit