What was your favorite convention beverage?

by i_drank_the_wine 30 Replies latest jw friends

• drewcoul
    drewcoul

Did any of you ever get a good beer or liquor buzz on at the pool at the hotel after the sessions? I used to with some witness friends of mine. Fun times.

• unshackled
    unshackled

as a kid, I looked forward to assemblies just to have some vanilla pudding and apple danishes...

Alfred...I'm with you on that one. I was all over those like white on rice (aka...Sarah Palin on Glen Rice)

The fruit bag was russian roulette...would it be fresh or were the grapes and bananas going south - pooling juices down in the corner?

Favorite drink....the dinky little cups of OJ...had to have 3 of those measly rations.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Yep, we had Carnation chocolate ice cream malts.

• HintOfLime
    HintOfLime
    KOOL-AID

Ha! I see what you did there....

- Lime

• JustThatGirl007
    JustThatGirl007

Shasta lemon-lime. The Dollar Tree sells them now, in tall cans!

Cheese danishes.

Chocolate pudding!

Muff-n-Egg before they did away w/ food service.

McDonald's for breakfast every morning. lol

When I was younger, my assembly hall (Natick, MA) had ice cream w/ chocolate fudge, strawberry, and pineapple toppings. Weee! lol

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

I would like to give the Speakers a Sodium petothol truth sirum "kool-aid"...... "Yes we DID say Armagedon was coming in 1925, 1975,......yes we do not really know what Jehovahs will is, how the hell could we...."

Me, I would need a bottle of Vodka with crushed Valium in it, to sit thru that crap.

• I quit!
    I quit!

I don't remember anything memorable about the beverages at assemblies so they must not have been very impressive.

I was thinking that an endless supply of Jack and Coke might get me through a day at JW assembly Witness 007....but maybe not.

• unshackled
    unshackled

The baptismal pool water....mmmmmm heavenly spirit water.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Burritos ? Don't recall that here on the East Coast, must've been west coast only. . . ?

• paulnotsaul
    paulnotsaul

You don't remember those delicious beeners? Thats what my dad called them. I had to have no less than two of them. A half frozen chocolate puddin and a lemon lime soda to wash it all down. Always the high lite of the program. Lunch. By the second half of the program I would be all gassed up and waiting for an applause or a song to let it out. Man, those farts sure stunk. What the hell did they put in those things? peaceAll paulnotsaul

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit