Jehovah DOES hear and answer our prayers...........

by punkofnice 33 Replies latest jw experiences

• sizemik
    sizemik
    The odds of winning are greater though!

Yep . . . at least a prayer will come true for 1 person!

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

sizemik - Yup! All those 'apostates' keep winning!

I have come to realize over the years I answered my own prayers or got help from humans. No imaginary friend did it for me!

• sizemik
    sizemik

Ask an imaginary friend . . . and you'll get an imaginary answer.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

sizemik -

• AGuest
    AGuest

Unfortunately, the WTBTS (indeed, most who "pray to God") don't understand the difference between, "In Jesus' name..." and "NO ONE comes to the Father... unless they go THROUGH me," dear PON (peace to you!). Or the fact that the latter must be done FIRST... before the former can even begin apply. That folks inadvertently overlook this is sad, IMHO: they look to the Bible as to Whom to pray TO... but dismiss the One appointed by Him to "guard" His "house"... so that "thieves" may NOT break in... and "steal."

Trying to go AROUND the One THROUGH whom all MUST go, the Holy One of Israel and Holy Spirit, JAHESHUA, the Chosen One of JAH (MischaJah)... will get one nothing from... and nowhere with... the MOST Holy One of Israel, JAH of Armies. It may seem as if such ones' "prayers" are being "answered"... but that is purely coincidental - even those who DON'T call on JAH/God/Christ/Jesus... have what seems to be their prayers "answered." Stuff happens, good and bad... to all of us.

To have one's prayers answered by the Most Holy One of Israel, however... one MUST go to... so as to go THROUGH... His Son. First.

I am not sharing this with you so as to appear "right"... but because it is the truth.

Again, peace... and a bit more enlightenment (if you wish it)... to you!

A slave of Christ, the Door THROUGH whom one must enter...

SA

• still thinking
    still thinking

Thank you aguest..that was the question I wanted answered

My partner and I were discussing this yesterday...he said that we pray 'in Jesus name'...that just didn't sit properly with me and I didn't know why.

By the way,thanks for the response you gave me on the other thread...I have been thinking about what you and Awen said.

What are your thouhts on the model prayer... this is how you should pray....Our father...etc

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

A friend of mine has had employment troubles for the last 10 years or so - company lays off, goes bankrupt, etc..

I love the guy, but it DRIVES ME INSANE when he says Jehovah has always anwered his prayers and provided him with work. I feel like shaking him and saying YOU HAVE WORK BECAUSE YOU'RE A GOOD WORKER AND WORK YOUR ASS OFF!

There was only once in my life I really needed my prayers answered and it was a major FAIL. All I wanted was PEACE. You know "the peace that excels blah blah blah." It had always seemed to have worked before, but my BRAIN was sick this time.

Instead of peace, I got a big black hole. Evidently, the holy spirit is unable to overcome the effects of mental illness (unless you're hallucinating).

It was then I realized that all of the comfort I had ever felt in pouring my heart out in my thoughts and prayers was not coming from an outside source. IT WAS COMING FROM ME. MY BRAIN.

• still thinking
    still thinking

Breakfast...by belief is that the kingdom of god is WITHIN me...so the idea that it is not coming from an outside source is neither here nor there for me. (pun intended)

I would like to add though, that I believe there is a place for medical intervention if necessary for mental illness. Just as with any medical problem.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

"In an acceptable way."

That means there is no means to escalate when Jehovah doesn't respond or when he digs in and does the opposite of what you need him to. If you realize nothing is happening, there is nothing you can do but waste your whole life waiting on that Almighty Lowlife Scumbag to dally around. It also means you are not praying for the "right thing"--as if HIS name, HIS Tyranny, and HIS selfish will is all that matters and nothing else is acceptable.

• still thinking
    still thinking

Just for the record.."Jehovah" is not my God....the father of Jesus is my god....and I do not believe the two to be the same.

But I do think that "Jehovah" answers prayers...as long as the fit in with his ego.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit