Jehovah DOES hear and answer our prayers...........

by punkofnice 33 Replies latest jw experiences

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

.........the same way pink spotted unicorns DO skip in my garden!

Okay. Now I'm not saying a God does or doesn't exist but the brand name god of the watchtower certainly doesn't exist. He is the magic imaginary friend in the sky that JWs talk to telepathically.

Why this posting?

I came across a list of 'anxieties' I had one year. These were things I prayed to Jehovah to help me with (yes, I know, shoot me now!).

I also wrote a list of things answered or not much later on,

There was nothing on the list that TO THIS DAY was answered.......and I wasn't a 'mentally diseased apostate' back then, I was a zealous elder!

All the things that DID get resolved I resolved them on my own or thru' help from people.

The 'hearer of prayers' is not an imaginary being called by the brand name 'Jehovah' as this watchtower waffles on about..................

Nov 15th '00 WT

King David of ancient Israel was a man of prayer. As a divinely inspired psalmist, he sang: "O Hearer of prayer, even to you people of all flesh will come." (Psalm 65:2) Jehovah is able to understand prayers uttered in any of the thousands of languages spoken by mankind. The fact that no human mind could process so much information does not mean that God cannot pay attention to all who pray to him in an acceptable way.

• cantleave
    cantleave

The last phrase is the get out clause "in an acceptable way".

• the-illuminator81
    the-illuminator81

God made me score that touchdown.. thank you God!

@cantleave: That's right, a cultish practice to make sure any failure is to be blamed on the follower.

Q: God doesn't hear my prayers?

A: You must be practicing secret sin

A: You're doing it wrong!

A: You should wait on Jehovah

A: You're asking for something selfish

A: God only gives you the tools, you must do everything else yourself

A: Continue asking, someday he will hear you!

A: While waiting on God's answer, why don't you spend more time in field service?

A: The answers are in the literature, study more!

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

cantleave & illuminator - Too true. Too true!

One question and a truck load of answers all specifically tailored to give 'Jehovah' an excuse as to why he's not answering!

• sizemik
    sizemik

My psychological counsellor had a handout that encouraged religious people to pray.

So I asked him if he was religious . . . he said no. So I asked him why it was in the handout. He said it seems to help religious people a bit.

Work that out.

• Reality79
    Reality79

Not that I don't believe in a creator, because I do, but one of the many reasons I left is because 'Jehovah' damn sure didn't hear or answer any of MY sincere prayers.....

• St George of England
    St George of England

In January 2009 following the demise of the Book Study, we were encouraged to do more personal study.

I did that; I studied and prayed more than at any time in my life. The more I studied, the more I prayed, the more I began to realise that JW's are not God's people. In no time at all I had found this site!

Make of that what you will.

George

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

sizemik - Yeah. Sounds like the power of 'positive thinking'.

Reality79 - Roger that!

St George - Even when I was 'in' I often felt like I was talking to no one when praying. Twas a weird feeling. All my own fault, I should have followed the secret mantra of the WBT$...

Obey the Governing Body and DO MORE or Jehovah will lovingly murder us SOON* (Using anti-matter from Alcyone). How Happifying.

*(Terms and conditions apply and are subject to 'overlapping' or ‘New Light’™or which ever makes the GB appear much higher than God!)

• sizemik
    sizemik
    sizemik - Yeah. Sounds like the power of 'positive thinking'.

Bingo!

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Sizemik - Punk thinks of a big lottery win...thinks hard...........no different to praying! The odds of winning are greater though!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit