New here looking for some help

by angel.face 49 Replies latest jw friends

• life is to short
    life is to short

Welcome!

I too thought like you that if someone was a doctor or lawyer and believed it was the truth who was I to have questions. I was so wrong. I now realize that doctors and lawyers can be fooled too.

leavingwt gave you some really good advice. Please think about what he said

I am glad you found this place it has really helped me to stay sane.

LITS

• cult classic
    cult classic

Welcome to you AngelFace.

Just wanting to add that your husband asking "Do I have to witness to you now?", might indicate that he is burdened down with the preaching activity and/or he's tired of convincing himself. Keeping my fingers crossed for you.

The advice given is some of the best out there. Keep us posted.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

I just want to say, "Welcome!" You may have an easier time of con tacting Randy Waters at freeminds.org. Also, if it comes down to divorce, don't let our husband bully you into giving up your kids. There's a booklet on jw custody disputes. It can be found at jwchildcustody.com.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Welcome Angel. I just got Steve Hassan's Combatting Cult Mind Control today. I probably have nothing constructive to add at the moment---I haven't read it yet.

However I did find something very interesting. I ordered the book from my college library--and it is a mess! It is worn and dogeared--the cover is torn half off. The inside is underlined and highlighted. I've never ordered a book from them in such a state. You can tell it's been read over and over. I know that not everyone reading the book was a JW---and i don't know if ANY were. But its condition has led me to believe that education (since this was a college library) is a very powerful tool against cults.

Slightly OT---but I thought interesting.

NC

• Farkel
    Farkel

I think we're being played.

I could be wrong.

Farkel, Hide and Watch CLASS

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Welcome angelface and I am sorry for what you must go through to awaken your husband and family. Many other members have made great comments so hopefully I will not repeat what they said. You should either PM stuckinamovement or read his threads such as http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/members/private/206294/3/Progress-I-think-in-helping-my-wife-to-see-the-truth about how he successfully awakened his wife. A key approach that stuckinamovement used was reading the Bible (especially the NT) with his wife without the WTBTS literature. Encouraging your husband to have a Bible night might help to convince your husband that you do not oppose Our Father (Jehovah = the WTBTS and then Our Father and Jesus Christ). Try to get your husband to read the Gospels and NT books without cherry-picking scriptures to understand what is written in the context in which it was written.

Try to get your family to meet more "Worldly" people, who they might like, and to plan fun non-JW family outings that your husband would love to do. Enroll your children in public schools and encourage your children to make "Worldly" friends so that you and your husband can form relationships outside the WTBTS. Ask your husband about going to non-JW events that he loves where he could meet "Worldly" people that he might like. The point is to disprove what the WTBTS states in their literature without saying a word of disagreement with the WTBTS.

You can also send your husband and family members anonymous emails like I wrote about in http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/beliefs/211893/1/Youe28099ve-Got-Mail-TM as a low risk way of planting seeds in the minds of JWs, who you know.

Good-luck, be careful and discrete, go slow, and post about what you are feeling and your progess.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you know,

ABibleStudent

• sizemik
    sizemik

Welcome angel.face and lola-rabbit . . .

As you can see . . . you've come to the right place . . . hope this all helps.

• angel.face
    angel.face

just wanted to thank everyone for their input and warm welcome! As I read all your replies I cried. Those closest to me can't feel this pain yet a group of strangers on the Internet know exactly how I feel. And your advice is priceless! You guys are the ones doing the life saving work! Helping people have a life rather than be enslaved to some idea and bound by it's rules and regulations. Makes me feel poetic LOL :) Happy Tuesday everyone!

• cedars
    cedars

angel.face - an absolute pleasure to help.

We are all here rooting for you if you need us.

• sizemik
    sizemik

We're all here for the same reason . . . and the same purpose.

This is the REAL worldwide brotherhood (and sisterhood).

Glad you found us . . . things will get better from here.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit