So who is going to do some kind of protest next Sunday?

by serenitynow! 35 Replies latest jw friends

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Sounds like the majority of votes are for not protesting, as it won't do any good . . . final decision is your however.

• shamus100
    shamus100

I'm just telling you how I saw it - I thought that I was being nice. ;( Maybe I wasn't. Just my .02 cents - do as you wish, of course. :)

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    Just my .02 cents - do as you wish, of course. :).....Shamus

I gave her a Nickle..You owe her 3 cents..

..................;-)...OUTLAW

• Theredeemer
    Theredeemer

Waste of time...I understand your need to express your disgust with these arbitrary doctrines, but there are better ways to display it...like getting me a bdAy gift ;)

• sherah
    sherah

Many dubs give the side-eye to protests at KH's and assemblies but if you planning something akin Mouthy's protest, then go for it. Place "Jwfacts" on the banner. Are you fully out? Will this be risky to your fade?

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

I have not had a Witchtower magazine in my hands for almost two years.

What does this Thrilling and Happifying article have to say that will fill my drab humdrum soon-to-be-killed-by-the Crooklyn-god existence with purpose and meaning?

Can somebody post a link.

HB

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

I think that handing out pamphlets that list websites such as JWN and Silent Lambs etc. would be the way to go. That way, if a Dub does want to look up the info in private, it would be easy for them to pocket the pamphlet without others knowing. I bet that you would get more success that way. I wish you luck whatever way you decide to do it. Only thing is to make sure what you are doing is legal in your city so you don't get arrested. And don't let the naysayers get you down!!!

• koolaid-man
    koolaid-man

Protesting works......... Watch video for proof.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rC4OroaWDus

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

You go girl! If it doesn't do any good, like most people say, I'm sure you'll think of something else. You're smart and a real go getter!

• agonus
    agonus

I'm with OC on this one. Subtlety is the way to go if you really want to reach people IMHO. As always, I think the most effective way to combat bad WT policy is by showing Witnesses from WT literature itself that, in the WT's own words, said policy is bad. There was an article published by the WT - I think it may be on Marv Shilmer's site - that concluded that excommunication/shunning as practiced by other churches is pagan, unscriptural, and unchristian. Show them where they can look it up on their own WT Library CD-ROM. It's really, really hard for them to refute such proof mentally even if they try to do so verbally.

You don't need to use "apostate" material to prove them wrong. By their own words are they convicted. I've said it before and I'll say it again: Everything the Watchtower has ever said is contradicted by everything else the Watchtower has ever said. There are literally zero doctrines or policies they hold to that I've yet to come across that can't be quickly and easily dismantled using their own material. But you gotta do your homework! ;-)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit