So who is going to do some kind of protest next Sunday?

by serenitynow! 35 Replies latest jw friends

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

This protest is not geared toward just JWs. It is really about community awareness. It will be in an area traveled by lots of people, a lot of people that JWs have had the most success recruiting- the poor and uneducated. The banner is simple & tasteful. I have printed copies of the article for anyone who wants to know more. I think it's a good idea to do it outside the hall next Sunday because if anyone doubts I'll just say, "they're discussing it right now, go on in and hear for yourself." And the only time a banner ever scared me was when this church group does a candlelight vigil outside an abortion clinic, but the goal was to be provocative.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

JW`s will ignore you..The outside world dosen`t care..

It`s a waste of time..

Find something fun to do..Go for lunch..

.......................;-)...OUTLAW

• QuestioningEverything
    QuestioningEverything

Can you provide a link to the 07/15/11 article? I am so disgusted by this so-called religion! I wish I could get all of my loved ones out.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    The banner is simple & tasteful. I have printed copies of the article for anyone who wants to know more.

Your determined and all prepared..Protest..Then go for lunch..

No point in wasting the whole day..

.....................;-)...OUTLAW

• factfinder
    factfinder

I agree you should not waste your time. Find some better way to spend your time Sunday.

• Igot2bme
    Igot2bme

Special Assembly Day is happening in our neck of the woods this weekend. I am planning on putting info in the donation boxes, wrapped in toilet paper rolls, on car windshields, taped to the doors of the center, or what ever else I can come up with. My daughter and I are going to make a day of it!

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

I meant no offense to you serenity. I apologize if it came out that way. What I meant was that those kinds of protests are something that Rick Fearon usually does. I'm not against Rick for protesting. That's his right. Its all the other stuff he does that goes along with it. I don't necassarily agree that it works. I like J Hofers idea better..

• shamus100
    shamus100

I can remember getting apostate propaganda at the kingdumb hall - everyone was all excited and talked about how this was surely a sign of the end as they threw it out without looking at it.

From what I've seen, it doesn't work. :( People are in the cult because they want it to be true, not because it is true. You have to wait for them to hit rock bottom before you can help them - much like a drug addict.

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

Geez guys, it is one afternoon. It's not like I'm quitting my job & am going to commit to holding up banners 24/7. This is just of many activities in my life. We're not JWs anymore, it doesn't have to be "all or nothing." I'm not engaging in exJW stuff to the exclusion of everything else. For me, it is important to do something.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    For me, it is important to do something.

You seem pretty set on this..So do it..

This may help you come up with a better plan..Like Lunch!..

..................;-)...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit